BAD: 3 women carjacked

This is a discussion on BAD: 3 women carjacked within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What do you think your wife, mother or daughter would have done if they were armed? Detroit man charged with carjacking 3 women at gunpoint...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 2 Post By MotorCityGun

Thread: BAD: 3 women carjacked

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

What do you think your wife, mother or daughter would have done if they were armed?

Detroit man charged with carjacking 3 women at gunpoint
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

I doubt if they would have done anything. most woman don't have the mindset to fight back
    beararms likes this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I doubt if they would have done anything. most women don't have the mindset to fight back
    Uh oh. Be prepared barstoolguru, be very prepared...
    goldshellback and Spade115 like this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

If armed? There's only one of two decisions to be made (maybe three), give the thug the car and back away..... thug had the drop on them, OR draw and engage. Third option is to hit the gas and drive outta there! That option is may or may not have been availiable..... not enough info into this particular news story.

As for barstoolguru's post, I would NEVER underestimate 'momma bear'........ Most 'momma bears' are women.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

My ol lady carries a knife and is more prepared to hurt someone then most of my friends. She'll let them get close and go for the groin.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member
    Looks like it ended well at least. Tough situation and I've thought about it long and hard and it is hard to say what you can do because it all depends on where the perp is, can they see all of you or can you secretly draw on them, did they have the doors locked or unlocked, and more. Not sure what my wife would do in that situation but I've been trying to get her to think about the various scenarios that could occur and what she might do in them. I believe that you should have quite a few things figured out in advance of something happening because the time it takes to think about it might make all the difference in the world to what you can do.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I doubt if they would have done anything. most woman don't have the mindset to fight back
    I beg to differ. Try to car jack my wife. She carries a S&W M&P as her main carry gun with a Ruger LCP as a back up. Also carries a 3" folding knife and is very skilled in all 3. Believe me, she has the mindset to fight, and will win.

Links