Good - Homeowner vs Burglars with Sawed Off - Homeowner Wins!

This is a discussion on Good - Homeowner vs Burglars with Sawed Off - Homeowner Wins! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good story from my area. Man shot by homeowner during attempted home invasion in... | www.wpxi.com...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Badey

Thread: Good - Homeowner vs Burglars with Sawed Off - Homeowner Wins!

Good - Homeowner vs Burglars with Sawed Off - Homeowner Wins!

beararms likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Nice to see GG win...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Glad to see the homeowner did what he had to do, and came through unharmed. My Mossberg 500 with 18.5 inch barrel is my main home defense gun.

OP-Can you explain how the laws work up there? The article stated that Police have not said if the homeowner will face charges? What! I hope that's due to the fact that it just happened.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Glad to see the homeowner did what he had to do, and came through unharmed. My Mossberg 500 with 18.5 inch barrel is my main home defense gun.

OP-Can you explain how the laws work up there? The article stated that Police have not said if the homeowner will face charges? What! I hope that's due to the fact that it just happened.
    We have Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws, so the homeowner wouldn't likely face charges (unless he did something like carry them inside, give them a shotgun, THEN shoot them). I think the press just feels the need to put something like that in all of their self-defense shooting articles.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    We have Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws, so the homeowner wouldn't likely face charges (unless he did something like carry them inside, give them a shotgun, THEN shoot them). I think the press just feels the need to put something like that in all of their self-defense shooting articles.
    Thanks!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Links