Bad: Caledonia, WI (Racine) break-ins Worse:Caledonia man CCWs while allegedly drunk

This is a discussion on Bad: Caledonia, WI (Racine) break-ins Worse:Caledonia man CCWs while allegedly drunk within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Home Invasions Prompt Police To Warn Residents To Be Vigilant - Caledonia, WI Patch Caledonia Man, Who Allegedly Drove Drunk, Had Loaded Gun In His ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Bad: Caledonia, WI (Racine) break-ins Worse:Caledonia man CCWs while allegedly drunk

Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

2. Remove Ads

Well, most of us here know how to answer the door.

And most of us know that booze and bang don't go together.

There will always be plenty of victims. And there will always be some rube with a gun that makes us all look bad.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

not sure if its the same in all states but in TX there is no legal limit when you are carrying. So you could technically go to jail if you have 1 glass of wine while out at dinner and get pulled over. And refusing the field test that is an automatic DUI arrest here.

My state of SC... It is unlawful for a person who is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance to use a firearm in this State. This article does not apply to persons lawfully defending themselves or their property.

Not illegal to carry only illegal to "use" (discharge)
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

It's a $10000 fine and then some in WI for carrying while intoxicated but I'm not sure there is a set limit. I separate myself from my carry when I'm drinking (and separate my drinking from driving!).

Wisconsin Law
    Carrying a concealed firearm while intoxicated. Is a class A misdemeanor (9 months jail and/or $10,000 fine) for someone to go armed while under the influence of an intoxicant. Wis. Stat. § 941.20(1)(b). “Under the Influence has been defined as materially impairing the ability to handle a firearm which is further explained as consuming ―an amount of alcohol to cause the person to be less able to exercise clear judgment and steady hand necessary to handle a firearm. WI Jury Instruction-CRIMINAL 1321.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Well, most of us here know how to answer the door.

And most of us know that booze and bang don't go together.

There will always be plenty of victims. And there will always be some rube with a gun that makes us all look bad.
    Exactly!
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    It's a $10000 fine and then some in WI for carrying while intoxicated but I'm not sure there is a set limit. I separate myself from my carry when I'm drinking (and separate my drinking from driving!).
    Yup...me too.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Plan and simple. It was easy to get the CCW permit in this state. That being said, means some ignorant and incompetent people got through yhe selection process. Think of it as a way of "cleansing" the CCW population. Let the stupid people be dumb. After a while only the good remain and the news should slim down.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Since Wisconsin has now allowed the citizens to apply for and recieve a concealed carry permit, that does not mean that everyone will use good judgement when they carry a handgun with their permit.

I have seen pleny of doufous people in my state, so I think it may not just be a Wisconsin thing. It does however put the really good permit holders into the category of being stupid. The media seldom praises someone who does a good thing with a concealed carry permit.

They only focus on the bad.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links