Bad - Sheriff Accused of Making Threats and Pointing Gun at Reporter

This is a discussion on Bad - Sheriff Accused of Making Threats and Pointing Gun at Reporter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is an interesting story from my neck of the woods. I don't know what to think. I have met the sheriff in question, and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeathRales

Thread: Bad - Sheriff Accused of Making Threats and Pointing Gun at Reporter

Bad - Sheriff Accused of Making Threats and Pointing Gun at Reporter

Here is an interesting story from my neck of the woods. I don't know what to think. I have met the sheriff in question, and he seems like an OK guy. There is no evidence that he did what is claimed, and he has two witnesses that claim he is innocent.

Reporter says Beaver County sheriff pulled gun on him - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Here is an interesting story from my neck of the woods. I don't know what to think. I have met the sheriff in question, and he seems like an OK guy. There is no evidence that he did what is claimed, and he has two witnesses that claim he is innocent.

Reporter says Beaver County sheriff pulled gun on him - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Witnesses:
    Two other sheriff's deputies were also in the office in the Beaver County Courthouse for the interview.
    I have to give these witnesses the same credence that I would give one family member testifying in behalf of another. In either case the witness would have to be suspect as it is common to wish to protect your own.

Does not necessarily mean they are not being truthful. Just saying I would rather have a non-partial witness.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Hmmm, a sheriff and two deputies say nothing happened. A reporter is making accusations. It would be interesting to know the history and political leanings of both parties, but for now in the my word vs yours, I think the sheriff will win, and the reporter will have to find some other story to make a career out of. Is it possible the deputies are covering for their boss? Yes, but good luck proving that 1 against 3 with no proof.
    Walk softly ...

Both would lie to save their job!
    Burns likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRales View Post
    Both would lie to save their job!
    Not only that, but if the Sheriff is guilty, their motivations for lying go well beyond saving their jobs.

This Sheriff is an amatuer.

We had a Sheriff in Mason Co WV who actually did this and worse.

He got drunk, he chased his son in a Sheriff vehicle, shot his service pistol at the son(missed thankfully) and then fled to Putman Co. WV where he was arrested.

Then he put himself on the ballot for re-election until the Mason Co. Commission removed him from office, only then did he withdraw from the race, but knowing West Virginia voters, they probaby would have re-elected the guy. Once in Cabell Co. a Sheriff died while in office during his re-election bid and WON the election. Go figure that one out. Everyone knew he was dead but I guess hated his rival so much they would rather vote the dead guy back in. The County Commission appointed a 90 year old former Sheriff to complete the term. We made the National Enquirer over that.

Oh and the Lincoln Co. WV Sheriff and former Assessor got busted for vote fraud too. They didn't use firearms (that we know of) but still.

We got it all folks.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The reporter didn't have a camera? Also, I have a hard time believing that the sheriff pointed his gun at the reporter, threatened him and a colleague and then let him walk out to the desk and file a complaint.

Only solution to this dilemma and find out the "Truth" is they are gonna have to go on the "Steve Wilkos" show and everybody take a polygraph test.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links