Gun Retention, Local Jewelry Store Robbed Today

This is a discussion on Gun Retention, Local Jewelry Store Robbed Today within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KFDM Channel 6 :: News - Top Stories - Gunman rob jewelry store, attack employee Owner hit in the head and they took his gun ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By mr.stuart
  • 1 Post By 8th ID
  • 4 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By Crescentstar
  • 1 Post By mr.stuart
  • 1 Post By Spirit51

Thread: Gun Retention, Local Jewelry Store Robbed Today

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

KFDM Channel 6 :: News - Top Stories - Gunman rob jewelry store, attack employee

Owner hit in the head and they took his gun away. Owning a gun means nothing if you are not capable of using it. Good lesson to remember.
    Spirit51 and goldshellback like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Four armed men. Don't really have many details, but if the owner carries a gun, didn't he think it was time to use it????

Edit: Yeah, enough details: 4 armed men enter your jewelry store....
    Spirit51 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I think the store employee is lucky to be alive.

We have a local jewelry store owner that has for years carried one of the biggest revolvers possible in his store. I believe it is a S & W .44 magnum 3" barrel. I've never asked, but may next time I have reason to visit.

This owner IS VERY LUCKY to be alive.
    He either needs to set his diamonds out on the street, or get a gun and some training so the next crew 'pays a heavy price'.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    four of 'em?? Just fix one of these m18a1_07.jpg to the front of the display case and cover with something pretty but very thin.......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Hard to defend against 4 guys in a blitz attack. I like the setup my coin dealer has. You must be buzzed in through a heavy steel door to enter. Or leave. He monitors who is there via video, and is nowhere near the door either.
    nerdyvirgin and Spirit51 like this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Spirit51 likes this.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Too bad the robber lived; you can bet he'll want revenge.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Well it took him getting shot, but at least he shot back this time. Sucks getting robbed twice in two weeks...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I think it's time to relocate somewhere out of the hood... this is one place I'd rather not gets muh bling from!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Looks like the owner learned a lesson...I hope he remembers it. I am sure that reporting that his gun was taken from him marked him as a "easy target" with BG.
    goldshellback likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Strange thing is ,this is a very nice part of the city. My wife and I sometime shop at a store adjacent to this jewelry store.I suppose the crooks go where the money is. I am glad the good guy won this time.

This is the number one reason Texas allows you to shoot a fleeing felon because you never know when they will come back

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Four guys the first time, only one this time, and he still waits until he is shot before he returns fire? Well, at least he hit the guy 4 times.

I find it interesting that they are both in the same hospital. Not sure how I would feel about that if I had just shot someone who tried to rob me, and I knew he was in the same building. No, I take that back, I know exactly how I would feel.
    Walk softly ...

Links