bad:hoodies at work- store hood-up (no typo)

This is a discussion on bad:hoodies at work- store hood-up (no typo) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; for those who think all they want is the money!...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By tkruf
  • 3 Post By Bark'n

Thread: bad:hoodies at work- store hood-up (no typo)

bad:hoodies at work- store hood-up (no typo)

for those who think all they want is the money!

beararms likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Wow!!! Did anyone else notice that lady that ran "toward" the guy with the gun and past him to get out of the door? Who would do that?

I hope these BGs get caught soon.

If I would have been the customer at the counter that backed away when he walked in, I would have put a bullet in his head.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    If I would have been the customer at the counter that backed away when he walked in, I would have put a bullet in his head.
    May I suggest 'two'?
    tkruf, msgt/ret and garyacman like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    May I suggest 'two'?
    Yes you may!
    atctimmy likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

If they don't get stopped soon, they're going to kill someone. Seems they're being connected to a series of similar robberies..
    It appears as though they are escalating violence. They need to pick the wrong store, and quickly...
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by stancehold View Post
    Wow!!! Did anyone else notice that lady that ran "toward" the guy with the gun and past him to get out of the door? Who would do that?

As I've said many times before, if I worked in a retail convenience store I would be armed, policy or no policy. And I would be practicing my draw from cover on a daily basis.

I will not let a corporate policy remove my ability to defend myself against armed gunmen. They couldn't care less if you live or die. All they care about is corporate liability. They'd have a new clerk hired before your funeral is over. So wrap your heads around that.

In this incident, the clerk's father is the store owner... I wonder if thy are rethinking being armed from this day forward?

I get so sick and tired of hearing... "Oh, just give them what they want and they'll leave you alone!" That is utter horse hockey. The reality is; Maybe... Maybe not! Sorry, I'm in charge of my destiny, not some punk with a gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

As I've said many times before, if I worked in a retail convenience store I would be armed, policy or no policy. And I would be practicing my draw from cover on a daily basis.

I will not let a corporate policy remove my ability to defend myself against armed gunmen. They couldn't care less if you live or die. All they care about is corporate liability. They'd have a new clerk hired before your funeral is over. So wrap your heads around that.

In this incident, the clerk's father is the store owner... I wonder if thy are rethinking being armed from this day forward?

I get so sick and tired of hearing... "Oh, just give them what they want and they'll leave you alone!" That is utter horse hockey. The reality is; Maybe... Maybe not! Sorry, I'm in charge of my destiny, not some punk with a gun.
    Bark'n I do not disagree with you on anything you said, but I have a question that may help some newer members. Do you think you could get your weapon deployed in the above example, With the BG having the drop on you?

Me personally, I would have drawn and fired. Giving them all sorts of hell.....What about you?
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

The clerk getting shot seems to barely react to it. Makes you rethink the whole idea of the one shot stop.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

This is the reason why bullet resistant enclosures were invented.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    If I think I'm going to get shot, then I'll take whatever defensive posture possible to reduce getting shot while returning fire. I'd rather go down fighting than cooperating. Mr. Big Bad Guy might lose his nerve and his aim when he realizes he's not the only bad sonofagun in the show.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Bark'n I do not disagree with you on anything you said, but I have a question that may help some newer members. Do you think you could get your weapon deployed in the above example, With the BG having the drop on you?

Me personally, I would have drawn and fired. Giving them all sorts of hell.....What about you?
    If that (poor) young man was trained and practiced at moving off the X while drawing and firing, he MIGHT have had a chance without getting shot.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Links