Article about similar Trayvon case in AZ

Article about similar Trayvon case in AZ

This is a discussion on Article about similar Trayvon case in AZ within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Unstable ground: The fine line between self-defense and murder - CNN.com...

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    CNN is on top of it! There will be a public lynching shortly.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I know the nes usually sucks and more info will come later but I don't understand his reaction. He is in his vehicle (unless I missed something). He did not see a gun. He said he did not think the man would kill him :
    While the shooter said he did not believe Adkins would have killed him and his fiancée had he not fired, he also said he feared Adkins was trying to hurt him.
    And the reason he didn't leave in his vehicle:
    He said he couldn't drive away from Adkins because the dog was in the way and he "thought he had no other options,"
    So his choice was to run over a dog or shoot a man who did not have a gun....

Initially it sounds like this man screwed up royally. Could be he is within the law in his state...but this sounds like a travesty.

Just another reason to learn less than lethal means of defending ones self. Not every encounter has to result in a death. Don't get me wrong. Each person has to make an individual decision in a matter of seconds or less. But many on this forum have been suggesting to not go to the gun as your only solution when confronted with danger...

Lead Moderator
    Like the Trayvon case, I think we can close this and let the lawyers and judge figure it out.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links