Woman shoots dog - Page 2

Woman shoots dog

This is a discussion on Woman shoots dog within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [QUOTE=sgtD;232319]Or they can rip your throat out. Animals are animals. You can never be absolutely certain what one might do. QUOTE] You got that right. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woman shoots dog

[QUOTE=sgtD;232319]Or they can rip your throat out. Animals are animals. You can never be absolutely certain what one might do.
    QUOTE]

You got that right. Humans are grouped into the "animals" category too. I believe that humans are more unpredictable and dangerous than dogs, sharks, snakes, or whatever else you want to throw out there...combined.

Let's face it, I am not carrying a 9mm because I believe a pack of ravenous wolves is going to attack me!

However, I also believe that it is justifiable to put down a dog when needed.

Stay safe.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Walther,

Go check this thread and note my post at the end on page three in regard to guns, dogs, and odds of injury.

"get a load of this Billboard"
    November 12th, 2006, 10:59 AM
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=16648

Dogs are mans best friend until they attack men, women, and children, which occurs startlingly often.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I still am not concerned about a dog as much as a human. In fact, I will do the research in another browser while typing this response and prove my point.

Your link provides this information...
    CDC says:
    Of those injured, 386,000 require treatment in an emergency department and about a dozen die.

So 12 people die from dogs in the United States (I am assuming per year).

Now if I go to google and pull up crime in Columbus, OH. I find...

102 murders in 2005 and 6,111 violent crimes according to FBI statistics. That is just COLUMBUS OHIO! Not nationally. That is also just what is reported. What about the college girl that got raped who is too embarassed to report it? I bet there are thousands of cases like that.

So 12 people died in the NATION because of dogs and 102 people got killed from human beings in COLUMBUS? Wow, I am glad that you drew my attention to the fact that I am right!!! Dogs aren't as big of a concern as humans.

I am not discounting the fact that dogs can be crazy. I, too, said that it is a valid reason for carrying (on a forum here), however, I carry because of weirdos on the street not because I am afraid of getting mauled by a pack of dogs at Target while I am buying socks.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

I too an a dog owner and dog lover and in this case it seems appropriate to shoot the dog in question.

Now, I don't beleive there are really vicious dogs unless specifically bred and raised to be that way or abused.

Guns kill.
    Dogs kill.
    In actuality it's people who use or abuse either in an improper manner that are the root cause of the problems.

Just my 2 cents adjusted for inflation.
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    I too an a dog owner and dog lover and in this case it seems appropriate to shoot the dog in question.

Now, I don't beleive there are really vicious dogs unless specifically bred and raised to be that way or abused.

Guns kill.
    Dogs kill.
    In actuality it's people who use or abuse either in an improper manner that are the root cause of the problems.

Just my 2 cents adjusted for inflation.
    Though I understand what you're saying (the owner is responsible for his property, be it a gun or a dog), I don't fully agree with you.

Guns are inanimate. Dogs are living creatures with instincts, emotions, and personalities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links