Ugly: Over 30 People Beat Couple

This is a discussion on Ugly: Over 30 People Beat Couple within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't get out of the car: http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/201...and-brambleton Here it is again, but with claims the media buried the story: Many blacks beat white couple, media ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Ugly: Over 30 People Beat Couple

Ugly: Over 30 People Beat Couple

Don't get out of the car:

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/201...and-brambleton

Here it is again, but with claims the media buried the story:

Many blacks beat white couple, media bury attack
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A mob of angry people in front of me throws a rock at my window?

I'm dropping it in reverse and boogeying on out of there. I'll sort out my sense of justice later.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Wait, I thought that the people on this forum who said that stuff like this could happen were just flaming and "stirring the pot."
    ksholder likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Wait, I thought that the people on this forum who said that stuff like this could happen were just flaming and "stirring the pot."
    Perhaps the mob read the flames and pot-stirrings.
    Badey likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

M.
    100 people standing outside. One throws something. You have someone with you. Your best idea is to get out of the car?

I think what happened is terrible. I also think a wiser decision would've been to stay in the car.

This might sound a little harsh, but there are certain areas of the United States that
    almost need to be napalmed. I believe the neighborhood where this occured and where
    so many people behaved in this manner might be one of them. Instead, we will keep
    handing out the cookies and Kool Aid and hope things will get better on their own.
    mano3, wmhawth, Spade115 and 3 others like this.
    Current Carry Guns:
    Charter Arms Bullldog - .44 Special
    Taurus - 851 - .38 Special
    Taurus - 617 - .357 Magnum
    Ruger - LCP - .380
    Glock 26 - 9MM

Quote Originally Posted by M. View Post
    100 people standing outside. One throws something. You have someone with you. Your best idea is to get out of the car?

I think what happened is terrible. I also think a wiser decision would've been to stay in the car.
    I agree; what good can come out of getting out of the car? Some people are just too smart for their own good
    Spade115 and shooterX like this.

Build houses for the ignorant, irresponsible, and violent and cluster them all together and you get a mob of ignorant, irresponsible, and violent. It looks like the cop had less than zero interest in trying to find anyone in the mob.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

VIP Member
    I read this article too. IIRC the two victims were employees of a local newspaper? Some of their "own" get beaten then it finally becomes a story? Geeeeez They "claimed" the police report "simple battery" seemed unimportant, aren't they reporters, what do they want the victims to buy ad space and report their own story?

Bad deal, and bad idea for the driver to attempt to confront the rock-chucker. I just forwarded this story to several family members and friends with the ideas on what to do and what not to do.

This is fertile ground on prevention and effective defensive remedies.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I think many are missing the main point of the story, and that is why did the media choose to not report it, especially since it happened to two reporters.
    claude clay likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I think many are missing the main point of the story, and that is why did the media choose to not report it, especially since it happened to two reporters.
    i sent this down to NRA HQ to some one i know works there.
    news to her

she said she's gonna dig a little and get back to me.

perhaps we can make a list, a sticky, of events of this nature.
    get enough and i have a person at my local paper i can talk to

perhaps get some coverage of whats under the rug.

as for me, im driving and approach a 'group' such as described---
    im reverse before the light and finding a different route.
    it has happened in the past, and history repeats itself.

if i can't reverse, than the heck with a red light....more gas,
    swerve as needed and get out of there.

hate to pass judgement on someone who can't defend himself but---
    time and a place to defend your 'right to be there'
    and he is FAIL
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    In this case, editors hesitated to assign a story about their own employees. Would it seem like the paper treated its employees differently from other crime victims?
    Michael

Getting out of a car to confront a crowd is a bad idea every time.

I know it just irks the stuffins outta everyone to have their property damaged and not be able to do anything about it, but some of these "crowds of youth" are just baiting you, hoping that you will get out of the car.

Then, even if you shot someone in "self defense" when set upon by a crowd, the first thing the news media will play up is, "Why did you try to take the law into your own hands!" You will be called a vigilante and say that your carrying a firearm made you think you were Rambo.

Expect to be crucified in the media for then killing some poor innocent kid that was just trying to get his life back together and was really an innocent bystander anyway.

(Insert Race Baiting Newspaper Headline with a smiling pic of the the "youth" from their 8th grade graduation here even though they were now a 17 years old 6'3" 290lb thug)

Also expect to be charged with some sort of crime by the local prosecutor, who will say that there was no need for you to confront a crowd knowing it could escalate and the killing was an unjustified act of vigilantism.

Finally, know that you may end up looking like Reginald Denny in the L.A. Riots and be lucky to walk away with your life.

L.A. Riots Reginald Denny beating - YouTube

If your vehicle is running and capable of leaving, drive a distance away and call 911 - Oh, wait...busy signal.... yep, when seconds count, the emergency phones are overloaded.....
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

It is weird that the victims were reporters and the story was not reported promptly...
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    It is weird that the victims were reporters and the story was not reported promptly...
    In this case the paper they worked for was afraid that reporting the incident might make it appear they were showing favoritism for their employees.
    In this case, editors hesitated to assign a story about their own employees. Would it seem like the paper treated its employees differently from other crime victims?
    Or, it may not have fit in with the papers political leanings. Who knows.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links