Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

This is a discussion on Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I gotta agree the gun won't look any less menacing whether it's being held by a 13 year old or a 30 year old,Kid made ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

I gotta agree the gun won't look any less menacing whether it's being held by a 13 year old or a 30 year old,Kid made a bad choice in careers and payed with his life,It's our job to survive,after that we will need to deal with the aftermath.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    Wonder how he pulled off the shot if the BG already had a gun pointed at him.
    If you have ever noticed on video during a lot of Robberies the BG's don't always keep the muzzle on the victim,they think just showing it is enough and don't expect their target to be armed,He probably got an opening and took it
    gigamortis likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He probably tossed his drop wallet, got off the x by leaping through the air with guns blazing.

What probably happened is the kid moved the gun around and the guy saw an opening and took advantage of it.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Am I the only one that don't care about his age? He wanted to play the game and he lost.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

The 13 yr old kid had a choice, he dug his own grave, he can rot in it for all I care. It's not like he said "I'm 13" before he ordrered the would be victim out at gunpoint A lot of people say it's a shame but if they were staring down this wanna be thugs barrel would do the same thing, self defense 101/shoot or die. I feel sorry for the shooter who now has to live with it.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

ok, all of you who hate seeing the "kid who acts like an adult" face adult consequences ...

17 years ago, in St.Louis, MO, I was shot by a 14 year old gang banger who was living on the streets. He wanted money to buy his own gun. The .25 caliber auto round left 3 holes in me (in, out, & back in) and now lives on the outside of my 5th rib, centimeters from having entered my lung.

This kid was certified as an adult, his own mother testified against him in the juvenile hearing. He was brought up in a Christian home.

Face it folks: you cannot save them all.

He was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

I count my blessings daily that I am alive ... and I now carry daily.

sent from my sending device

You know who I feel sorry for ...... the other little naive 13 year old girls and boys who have no other choice but go to school with kids like Tez.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Thirteen years old is young, but FAR from innocent. I don't know about any of you, but I was no wide-eyed little angel when I was 13. I got into my fair share of (non-violent) trouble; I knew right from wrong; I knew that guns were deadly; and I knew that sticking a gun in anyone's face (or having one shoved into yours) was life and death. I was also old enough to knowingly and willingly stray from the good upbringing my parents provided, so poor parenting couldn't even be blamed.

It's tragic in a broad, humanitarian approach that "a person" walked down this path and met a swift and somewhat predictable end. But real cases have real impact. I have no trouble believing that there are people who have just been spared rape, robbery, or murder because this violent beginner is now out of the picture.
    JDE101 likes this.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Sometimes people make mistakes that they can’t recover from. I believe in second chances (even for this punk) but I don’t get to choose.
    Seldom is justice rendered so swiftly and mercifully. I can’t help but feel that by his death, both society and the BG have been spared a lot of pain and suffering.
    Hopyard likes this.

sgb
    Shame on the victims to have cut short such a long and promising career of thuggery. I'll bet he just needed skittle money.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Never assume the following:

That a 13 year old will not kill you just for the fun of it.
    That a gun is not loaded and ready to fire.
    That you are safe because you just pulled up at your home.
    That the media will treat you honestly.
    That a prosecutor will not try to railroad you if that is their agenda.

That said, here in Austin, over the past decade, we have seen kids under 16 kill other gang thugs with guns, shoot each other over loaded dice, kill an old woman over her purse, rob and burglarize while armed with pistols, and many more where people did not die, so never made the news, but deadly weapons were used.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmruger View Post
    I am all for bad guys ending up dead but when the bad guy is only 13 it sucks.

Better to be dealt with now than when he would be 20-30 with 100 more robberies and murders...
    gigamortis and ep1953 like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Possibly opened the door at him? I've thought about that. A gun pointed at my driver window close enough and I could open the door into them. That'd put them off-balance and redirect the firearm away from me.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Here is the end all

GOD IS IN CONTROL. SOMETIMES YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

I won't shed any tears. I don't care how old somebody is. If they are old enough to make a decision to commit crimes like this, then they are old enough to take the consequences. Personally, I'm glad he was taken out this early in the game. Many innocent lives were likely saved over the next few decades, as well as money paying for his jail cells and welfare to his illegitimate offspring.

I am not a big believer in rehabilitation. While I agree it is more likely that people who grow up in bad circumstances will do bad things, ultimately it is a choice. Anyone willing to make that choice, even at 13, is probably never going to be an upstanding, contributing citizen of society. Once a thug, always a thug.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links