Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery - Page 4

Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

This is a discussion on Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bad all the way around. 13 year-old dead. Intended victim has to deal with shooting 13 year-old and trauma of being held up. Could have ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Bad all the way around. 13 year-old dead. Intended victim has to deal with shooting 13 year-old and trauma of being held up. Could have been worse but definitely not good.

Oh.. and I'd like to add ONE MORE reason why I agree this is a "good" scenario.

It is a lesson to all of the 13 year old would-be criminals everywhere. Maybe kids who are thinking about pursuing a glorious life of crime, might realize at an early age the risk that comes with it. I think so many kids have seen so many movies and think that all they have to do is stick a gun in somebody's face and the immediately become a slave and do anything you ask. This is obviously not true, and maybe that is clear to all the little punk's friends now..
    Burns likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

What do people expect when the Gangsta Thug-Life styling is put out as "cool", songs and "culture" praise it and Facebook and other social media are used to continue to show it?

Well, the answer to this burning question is a 13 year old (and age doesn't matter, really) makes a very costly choice to A: acquire a handgun, illegally, B: Use that handgun in the commission of an armed robbery and C: getting killed by the victim he selected. It isn't good, but we all know the "good" is the outcome that the selected victim was not shot and killed during this low life maggot's crime spree. And yes, armed teens can and do kill. We have seen it far too many times.

It's all about personal responsibility and nobody is to blame, not parents, not siblings, not anyone but the little thug himself. He knew that it was wrong, he knew the warning signs and he failed miserably to become decent and law abiding. Now he has become deceased. End of story. Sorry, but for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

There is a need to address this "culture" of putting that manner of lifestyle above being decent, and law abiding or definitely we will see more young people getting early retirement from a life of crime.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post

It is a lesson to all of the 13 year old would-be criminals everywhere. Maybe kids who are thinking about pursuing a glorious life of crime, might realize at an early age the risk that comes with it. I think so many kids have seen so many movies and think that all they have to do is stick a gun in somebody's face and the immediately become a slave and do anything you ask. This is obviously not true, and maybe that is clear to all the little punk's friends now..
    No, it ain't no lesson. They don't read the paper or watch the news. If (likely) he was a gangbanger, his posse might consider retribution.

If I were the intended victim, I'd be watching my back for a while.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The so-called parents are more to blame than anybody. I hope they're miserable. Whatever happened to responsibility? What kind of parent allows their kids out on the streets at that hour? They darn well knew, or suspected, that he had a gun (probably stolen). Nothing good happens after 10:00PM. Oh, I realize that's their culture and lifestyle, and kids are nothing more than an increase in welfare payments.
    gigamortis likes this.

I'm with the crowd that has NO sympathy for the 13 year old "kid". You are just as dead if you are killed by a 13 year old as you are if you are killed by a 21, 30, 40, 50, 60, etc., year old! And at 13, he certainly was no longer a "child"! At that age you should know right from wrong. He made his bed, so to speak, and now must lie in it--for eternity. I feel sorry for the man who shot him and now has to live with that for the rest of his life! He is the person who deserves the sympathy. I just hope he can come to grips with the fact he did the right thing and saved his life and his wife's life! He also did a service to society, in my opinion, and removed a present and future threat to many more people. And I think that is GOOD. Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The title of this thread is inappropriate. It isn't good that a 13 year old was killed. It stinks that the whole episode
    happened. The use of force may have been justified and the kid stopped from becoming a worse criminal later on,
    but there is nothing "good" about his death.

We ruin our reputations when we dance on the corpse of a child.
    It is great news that this piece of garbage is dead.
    Burns and ErnieNWillis like this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    The title of this thread is inappropriate. It isn't good that a 13 year old was killed. It stinks that the whole episode
    happened. The use of force may have been justified and the kid stopped from becoming a worse criminal later on,
    but there is nothing "good" about his death.

We ruin our reputations when we dance on the corpse of a child.

Would you feel differently if it were you and your wife he was pointing a loaded gun at?
    Burns, gigamortis and jumpwing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The so-called parents are more to blame than anybody. I hope they're miserable. Whatever happened to responsibility? What kind of parent allows their kids out on the streets at that hour? They darn well knew, or suspected, that he had a gun (probably stolen). Nothing good happens after 10:00PM. Oh, I realize that's their culture and lifestyle, and kids are nothing more than an increase in welfare payments.
    I'd bet a lot of money they, or she, will be blaming the victim for shooting their good boy and demanding that he be arrested and charged.

Sorry Hopyard... I have to say that it was a good thing his reign of terror was stopped permanently. I don't imagine this was his first rodeo and only bad things were on the horizon for his future.

Sure it would have been nice if things were different. But that wasn't the reality of the situation. He had the opportunity to go a different route. He was the football quarterback at school. He chose the wrong path.

I have no sympathy for him. I am glad he won't be harming anyone else.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    The fault of this situation lies within a few individuals...not one of them being the person the pulled the trigger.
    Bark'n likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Never assume the following:

That a 13 year old will not kill you just for the fun of it
    That a gun is not loaded and ready to fire.
    That you are safe because you just pulled up at your home.
    That the media will treat you honestly.
    That a prosecutor will not try to railroad you if that is their agenda.

That said, here in Austin, over the past decade, we have seen kids under 16 kill other gang thugs with guns, shoot each other over loaded dice, kill an old woman over her purse, rob and burglarize while armed with pistols, and many more where people did not die, so never made the news, but deadly weapons were used.
    If a person was to study up on children soldiers in different conflicts around the world they would find that young children make the most brutal and vicious of killers. If brought up in those surroundings they have no morals or compassion. At that stage in their development they can easily be turned into mindless killing machines.

Michael
    Burns, gigamortis and jumpwing like this.

The only win is that the couple are alive and unhurt. That's a very good thing, but I'm still not dancing about the overall situation.
    Kid got raised as a punk. That's not a good thing.
    Punk earned a dirt nap. That's not a good thing.
    Shooter has to deal with psychological aftermath of killing another human being. That's not a good thing.
    Punk's "Dawgs" aren't deterred - they've put him on a pedestal as a punk hero (Just look at the pic from the OP - he's being idolized, not used as an object lesson). Not a good thing.

Justice? Yup.

Good? No.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post

Yah think they read the newspapers or this discussion board? You think a 13 year actually understands cause and effect
    and consequences?

They see stuff in the movies, hear stuff from friends talking "beep," and lack both the maturity and understanding
    to grasp that their behavior is pathetic.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Yah think they read the newspapers or this discussion board? You think a 13 year actually understands cause and effect
    and consequences?

They see stuff in the movies, hear stuff from friends talking "beep," and lack both the maturity and understanding
    to grasp that their behavior is pathetic.
    That's true. But, they can still shoot and kill you just as effectively as someone twice their age can.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links