Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery - Page 7

Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

This is a discussion on Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter I would love to see these very young kids (say...Age 14 & younger) get yanked out of those crappy crime and ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I would love to see these very young kids (say...Age 14 & younger) get yanked out of those crappy crime and gang ridden environments and start off going into a boot camp type of environment with some mentoring, rules, and restrictions that morphs into a Summer Camp type of environment where they are exposed to horses, hiking, canoing, swimming, archery, computers, etc.

~~ snip ~~

Pay them a living wage. We waste Billions every year on total, worthless, bullcrap.

That would be some Government Spending that I would and could get behind.

I have seen some really truly bad "rotten" hopeless kids turn out OK.

It's really NOT all that complicated. You just need to get them out of the world that they are in and into some place better.

And then when they DO eventually go back...they go back with the genuine knowledge that there is something better out there.

They develop an internal motivation to get out.
    I would agree and it would not be all that difficult.. there are boot-camp style programs out there already and when the youngsters qualify for advancement to the camping, fishing, etc programs, then the YMCA/YWCA has summer camp programs all over the country that could be being paid for out of money's that we presently waste on Foreign Aid to Countries that hate us while they have their hands out basically telling us.. We will love you so much if you pay us more!

Zipping my fingers now before I get myself in trouble here.. LOL
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

Do you really think all these "Mamas" who don't think their "babies" can do no wrong are going to give them up to a "boot camp" or any other structured group??

Do you think the Courts are going to take a kid with a first minor offense or one that is "at risk" and send them to a structured training camp??

You would have to get these kids before they are immersed into the thug life, gang life, no life. Otherwise you are just putting a "rotten apple" in with some that could be saved. Example, the public school system now.

Do you see women whose majority of their government money comes from having these kids at home going to give this money (and the kids) up?

How long before the ACLU and other liberal PC groups start crying "Violating their civil rights".

I don't care if it is the YMCA, religious groups, or the government....it is a great idea ...but won't fly.

Like I said before...it would be like trying to stop those who shouldn't breed from actually breeding.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Do you really think all these "Mamas" who don't think their "babies" can do no wrong are going to give them up to a "boot camp" or any other structured group??

Do you think the Courts are going to take a kid with a first minor offense or one that is "at risk" and send them to a structured training camp??

You would have to get these kids before they are immersed into the thug life, gang life, no life. Otherwise you are just putting a "rotten apple" in with some that could be saved. Example, the public school system now.

Do you see women whose majority of their government money comes from having these kids at home going to give this money (and the kids) up?

How long before the ACLU and other liberal PC groups start crying "Violating their civil rights".

I don't care if it is the YMCA, religious groups, or the government....it is a great idea ...but won't fly.

Like I said before...it would be like trying to stop those who shouldn't breed from actually breeding.
    I agree with your analysis, but nothing will happen if we don't try. Maybe it could be setup as a gang interdiction program. Young kids (maybe 15 and younger) caught in gang activities could have an option. Boot camp or juvie?

phreddy,

Great point and if it works wonderful. I guess the alternative is giving up all hope. Hope should spring eternal.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I'm pretty sure that sending children out for an adult day's work is nothing new in any moral scheme within the last 30,000 years.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links