Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

This is a discussion on Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Birmingham police say a 13-year-old robbery suspect was shot and killed by the person he tried to rob in Birmingham Friday night. The Jefferson County ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Good: 13-year old suspect killed during robbery

Birmingham police say a 13-year-old robbery suspect was shot and killed by the person he tried to rob in Birmingham Friday night.

The Jefferson County Coroner's Office confirms the teen's identity as Jaqures Cortez Walker of Birmingham. He was a 7th grade student at Martha Gaskin Middle School and the quarterback for the football team, according to a family member.

BPD Sgt. Johnny Williams said the teen suspect approached a couple as they pulled into their home at the gated Skyview Condominiums in the 400 block of Skyview Drive around 11:10pm. Friday, April 27. Skyview Drive is off Robert Jemison Road. The suspect had a T-shirt over his face like a bandana and was holding a cocked and loaded gun, Williams said.

Police say the would-be robber approached the male occupant of the car and told him to "Get out and give it up." The man had his own gun in the car and shot the teenager. The teen ran a few feet, collapsed and died at the scene, Williams said.

rest of the story and link: 13-year-old suspect killed during robbery - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

another link: 13-year-old killed in Birmingham robbery attempt identified | al.com

Oh, and if there are any bleeding hearts about to comment, look at this photo of the deceased perp:
    529276_290904644327785_100002247565692_653192_367524126_n.jpg

Yo Dawg, big mistake.

I agree with you that the outcome was good in respect to the intended victim. I sure feel bad though about someone so young being caught up in this gangsta' culture. Maybe a dad at home would have made a difference. Even in the picture he looks like a really young kid. I guess I don't feel so "Good" about this story. Maybe "Good" isn't the right description of this.

VIP Member
    The title of this thread is inappropriate. It isn't good that a 13 year old was killed. It stinks that the whole episode
    happened. The use of force may have been justified and the kid stopped from becoming a worse criminal later on,
    but there is nothing "good" about his death.

We ruin our reputations when we dance on the corpse of a child.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

If I'm approached by a BG waving a gun in my face, etc., I'm not gonna ask for an I.D. just a sad story...
    MleeC, ErnieNWillis and Spade115 like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    I am glad the victims were not harmed.
    ErnieNWillis, ccman and LkWd_Don like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The title of this thread is inappropriate. It isn't good that a 13 year old was killed. It stinks that the whole episode
    happened. The use of force may have been justified and the kid stopped from becoming a worse criminal later on,
    but there is nothing "good" about his death.

We ruin our reputations when we dance on the corpse of a child.
    Was about to say something similar, never "good" when a child dies, not matter the circumstances.
    ccman likes this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Nits make lice.
    COL. JOHN M. CHIVINGTON
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

he was a good boy...all of us at community service will miss him
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

So Little Tez failed "Victim Selection 101." Yeah. Boo hoo hoo. It's too bad when when a kid gets killed, even a budding junior thug. On the other hand, how many crimes were prevented? A 13 year old has no compunctions about killing his victim because he knows that he will get away with it because he's a kid. Another Darwin award winner removed from the gene pool and the rest of us won't have to support the litters of welfare parasites he would have bred. I expect Al Charlatan and Jesse Jackson to rend their garments and shriek over the need for "social justice" (whatever that is).

We don't have to dance on his corpse - the Bradys, VPC, etc can do it for us.
    Better to perish in the fight for freedom than live to see defeat.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Nits make lice.
    COL. JOHN M. CHIVINGTON
    "Custer died for your sins".
    VINE DELORIA, JR.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If that was his gat, how did the victim know it was "cocked and loaded?"

Regardless, truly sad that this youngster chose his career path, and it didn't work out according to his plan.

Too bad his "broz in de hood" won't learn from his errors.

Still stinks that he had to learn his lesson permanently at such a young age.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    sad at such a young age but.....

how soon till the pres talks about this chld as if it could of been his own...

the tax payers are saving millions cause his future social needs are nomore...

bad as it is regards his age, im finding it hard to see the downside
    so many are not going to meet him badly and do not even know how lucky they are
    ...yet more to take his place; much too many more...
    MleeC likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Man this is truly sad. This is how our generation is growing up today. This is why i fear my son going to public school. Guess I can't buy any more guns so i can afford private! I feel for the kids family. Indeed the wrong career choice influenced by the worlds ways

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    gottabkiddin and stancehold like this.

He may have been 13, but he was no "child" He was a useless punk/thug that got what he deserved. Lots of future money saved, and thankfully, he hasn't reproduced yet.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links