bad /good Delray Dunkin Donuts Robbery

This is a discussion on bad /good Delray Dunkin Donuts Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven You had 2 bg's in different locations in the store that apparently both had guns. If you decided to step in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: bad /good Delray Dunkin Donuts Robbery

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    You had 2 bg's in different locations in the store that apparently both had guns. If you decided to step in and try to shoot one it may ignite a gun fight that could easily kill innocent bystanders nearby as well as getting yourself killed. Taking this situation to the next level is very risky. Being a good witness in this case was probably the most sensible thing to do.

However, if they opened fire that's different story.
    They put boots to the best witness there. The fellow in the blue shirt and khaki shorts gets my vote for man with the plan.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Wow. I'm in that DD all the time.

For the locals who know, it's east of I95. 'Nuff said.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Old guy is stupid and lucky he isn't dead,depending on your training and skill level would decide what you would probably do.Texas law would be a green light,but you don't want to look like you escalated an armed robbery into a gun fight if employees/customers end up getting shot in the process.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If I was there standing next to the old men. I would have taken the shot.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

I have been thinking this over, which is a luxury I wouldn't have had if I had been there.
    I would have gotten down...had my weapon handy, but not seen. If they had started shooting (if I had not been the first shot) I would start shooting. The fact that there were two and they separated to different ends of the business is a huge problem. Too many people there to just start shooting and start a gun fight. If it had been just the one guy, he put his gun down when he was grabbing the money...perfect opportunity, but there were two. I am glad the old gentleman didn't get treated worse. Again, IF there had been just one and I were armed ( as I usually am) when the BG stepped in front of me...I would have taken a close head shot. So many IFs. I am glad they got this evil team.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    "The shot" ? or the shots. There where two of them in two different locations within the store.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Just to throw out more food (toasted coconut is my favorite with decaf) for thought,,,,,the BG's having been accosted on a previous armed robbery,,,,,will think that ANY movement by patrons at the NEXT heist will be someone trying to thwart their efforts and may fire as soon as any one MOVES,,,,,towards safety or other wise.....

for those encouraging cover,,,,,DD doesn't have much of that,,,You can toss your table and hide behind it or "hide" beside the water and milk case....

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    An anti-gun prosecutor might take it to trial but I doubt he would find a jury that would convict.
    I tend to agree, although you would perhaps be surprised at what some juries will do, especially considering that most juries are composed of the riff-raff of society (who the heck gets on a jury for the "pay" -- it sure as heck isn't enough to cover anyone with a real job). Some of these folks have a lot of sympathy for crooks.

Look at the way the attorneys try to make sure no one on the jury has any noticeable intelligence. Seems backwards to me in terms of an advanced society.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

This kind of stuff makes my blood boil.Wolves preying on the sheep.This vermen will go to prison with the rest of their friends,play basketball for awhile,get out and do it again.Next time I hope theres a CC'er or two to rid the world of this scum.

Distinguished Member
    A donut shop without cops? Just kidding, the LEOs did great in stopping the getaway. It seems a waste to have to feed and house these two thugs for the next 10/20 years. But that is better than letting them out to do this again.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    so much said here about a gun fight and 2 against one.....

its actually one against one; and he is behind the curve, about to take my 2nd bullet cause
    his first inkling that something is wrong is the sound of my gun--the bullet that impacts the other BG.
    that sound alerts the one left standing but im already indexing on him as he is in motion to look at the sound i made.

i need that the 2 of them not be looking at me at the same time.
    than i can act. can we see how it is that the 1st BG does not even matter cause im taking him down without warning;
    it is the reflexes of the 2nd BG id be having to trump.

anyone who has taken advanced defensive handgun will understand this
    anyone who has shot the IDPA Classifier will know that this speed is possible.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links