Bad: Mother and child robbed at knife-point; Mother stabbed. - Page 2

Bad: Mother and child robbed at knife-point; Mother stabbed.

This is a discussion on Bad: Mother and child robbed at knife-point; Mother stabbed. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some imagination ..............good one............Mike....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bad: Mother and child robbed at knife-point; Mother stabbed.

Some imagination ..............good one............Mike.
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Some imagination ..............good one............Mike.
    Again, as I asked on another thread, what part of my comments were untrue?
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I saw the mother's strategy as brilliant. She drew the attacker away from her daughter, thus minimizing the potential risk to the youngster.
    Where do you get that? She left the kid in the hands of the attacker. What a ditz she is. I would be fighting that guy until my kid was out of danger....better yet, since she was NOT armed...just throw the purse at him and grab the kid. There was a woman who had NO plan and NEVER EVER thought this would happen to her. Short sighted.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Well, she did not draw the attacker away from her daughter... I don't see that at all and I do not think that was 'her plan', her plan was to get her butt to a safer place, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Well, she did not draw the attacker away from her daughter... I don't see that at all and I do not think that was 'her plan', her plan was to get her butt to a safer place, period.
    I agree. If she had any plan at all it was "I can always have another kid." She did abandon that kid TWICE.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Where do you get that? She left the kid in the hands of the attacker. What a ditz she is. I would be fighting that guy until my kid was out of danger....better yet, since she was NOT armed...just throw the purse at him and grab the kid. There was a woman who had NO plan and NEVER EVER thought this would happen to her. Short sighted.
    In the words of Mike Tyson, everybody has a plan until they get hit. If you want to fight a knife at close range range with a four-year-old beside you, go for it. I like the woman's moves much better.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    What, her daughter got knifed? Re-watch the video and see the daughter escape.
    Ayn Rand

In the words of Mike Tyson, everybody has a plan until they get hit. If you want to fight a knife at close range range with a four-year-old beside you, go for it. I like the woman's moves much better.
    I do agree that it would have turned out badly if she had decided to fight unarmed. I think the point was that, instead of at least giving up her purse and clinging to her offspring for her life and being READY to fight, she decided to KEEP the purse and leave her child quite literally IN THE HANDS of her attacker. If you look, she has the purse even when she runs a second time and tries to scramble into the building. It seems pretty obvious to me that this was not planned. This was just a very, very cowardly gut reaction on her part.
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I do agree that it would have turned out badly if she had decided to fight unarmed. I think the point was that, instead of at least giving up her purse and clinging to her offspring for her life and being READY to fight, she decided to KEEP the purse and leave her child quite literally IN THE HANDS of her attacker. If you look, she has the purse even when she runs a second time and tries to scramble into the building. It seems pretty obvious to me that this was not planned. This was just a very, very cowardly gut reaction on her part.
    Her actions, however un-planned, allowed both of them to survive. A defend-the-fort approach might well have ended less favorably.
    Ayn Rand

Her actions, however un-planned, allowed both of them to survive. A defend-the-fort approach might well have ended less favorably.
    Agreed again. I just think that the outcome was 10000% by the grace of our Maker and I would never recommend anyone to repeat her course of action
    Spirit51 and Brass63 like this.

Wow, I'm glad this turned out OK, but my God. You can try to spin it any way you see fit, but she left her kid in the arms of a mugger and ran with her purse. Period. Watching this video makes me cringe.

Self/situational awareness, people. I may need more practice, but at least I know to try. I can thank this forum for that.

I'm glad it turned out fine, especially for the little girl. But it does seem 'easy' for many here to 'quarterback' this incident. How many of you have ever been in a similar situation? I agree that it looks like the mom ran and left her child. Wrong move IMO. But luckily it worked out somehow. Do I believe the woman 'planned' anything, no. Do I believe that the woman said to herself 'I'll just let him have my daughter', no. Who knows what goes through a person's mind during an attack.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

You would have to kill me DEAD for me to leave ANYONE close to me behind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Well Mike..........you should have taken a Poll............bad Cowardly decision.....glad your not my mother.....that's it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Well Mike..........you should have taken a Poll............bad Cowardly decision.....glad your not my mother.....that's it.
    Go ahead. Who thinks Mike is a bad mother?
    Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links