Did he forget he lives in Detroit??

This is a discussion on Did he forget he lives in Detroit?? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And he wasn't armed?? Oh my. Did he forget what kind of city he was Police Chief of?? Lucky he is alive and can continue ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Did he forget he lives in Detroit??

And he wasn't armed?? Oh my. Did he forget what kind of city he was Police Chief of??
    Lucky he is alive and can continue to mow his lawn.....armed next time I hope.

Former Detroit police chief Stanley Knox robbed in his front yard

http://www.freep.com/article/2012050...020/1001/rss01
    Last edited by Spirit51; May 9th, 2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: against the rules to post the entire article. oops
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Yet another reason why I will never move to MI. The criminals are so bold as to rob the police chief in his own yard!
    shooterX likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

The suspects are described as black men about six feet tall, 175 pounds, around 19 to 20 years old.
    Must have been twins....sounds like half of Detroit
    BurgerBoy likes this.

I don't live in Detroit, but I'm armed when I mow my lawn.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    I don't live in Detroit, but I'm armed when I mow my lawn.
    I'm armed EVERYWHERE!!! Except in the shower...But I have something very close to the shower. I'm wearing now, and have very quick access to 2 types of long guns. Although I consider my city to be 'safer' than Detroit, we had 2 home invasions last night.
    I cannot believe that a former police chief doesn't carry everywhere???
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Yet another reason why I will never move to MI. The criminals are so bold as to rob the police chief in his own yard!
    No kidding!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    No comentary in the article about evil guns or how we need to get rid of them all. Interesting.
    Walk softly ...

sgb
    I'm glad I left Michigan in '88, should have done it sooner.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

DaTwa is a great city to be from...and anyone capable of paying taxes has already moved out.
    The city is far in debt, the school system (D is separate from the rest of the state) is far in debt...too sick to get better, too big to die.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Detroit is not representative of the other 99% of Michigan. Once you get 30 minutes away from the city, things are pretty safe and sane.

I'm armed when I mow my lawn.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sounds like dipstick is lucky they didn't want to escalate to murder,or they were using an airsoft gun.You would be surprised how many LEO's never carry off duty,you would think the amount of crime they witness first hand would be an eye opener,but like most sheep they feel that they don't do bad things or go looking for trouble so they won't find it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    Detroit is not representative of the other 99% of Michigan. Once you get 30 minutes away from the city, things are pretty safe and sane.

^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its like saying you would never live in Virginia because of its close proximity to Washington D.C.

Or that Georgia sucks because of Atlanta.

I challenge ANYONE to visit the Northern half of the Lower, or go to the U.P., and tell me Michigan isn't someplace special.

On to the OP's article post.

Former Chief Knox came from the mindset that, only the police should have firearms, so maybe that thinking has finally caught up with him.

Bet the next time he's out mowing the grass, he's wearing a belly band with a model 36 stuffed in it.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Unless you're heading to harper weeds...inkster...pontiac...livonia...flint...hamt ramck...southfield..oh wait..lol. the cespool is spreading I lived in the city of detroit for seven long years during the reign of coleman young and archer. I moved my butt out of there as soon as I could afford to. I also moved my butt out of michigan 2007 and NEVER looked back. Should have bailed years earlier.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

No argument there! Thirty minutes by commercial jet should do it...
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links