BAD: 84 yr old security guard shot to death - Page 2

BAD: 84 yr old security guard shot to death

This is a discussion on BAD: 84 yr old security guard shot to death within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MotorCityGun UPDATE: Detroit police make arrest in 84-year-old church guard's killing | news - Home The one they caught will narc out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: BAD: 84 yr old security guard shot to death

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    UPDATE: Detroit police make arrest in 84-year-old church guard's killing | news - Home

The one they caught will narc out his partner, guaranteed.
    Well, they got both of them now...told ya'. Try, convict, then sentence them as adults and throw away the keys, since we don't have capital punishment here in MI...too bad.

Teens charged in slaying of Detroit church guard
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Which begs the question, when are you too old to be a security guard (especially in the D)? Even if the guard was armed, he didn't stand a chance.

Security guard shot to death at west Detroit church parking lot
    Retirement was meant to be good times. When is old too old? Good question. Sometimes you never know what the job will entail. The day you quit being ready is the day you'll die.

At 84 he was still living more than the three thugs who took his life..........

"My resolve is that we're not going to retreat one inch .. we're going to stand our ground," Rowan said.
    This quote was made by the church's pastor......... I wonder if he chose those words after careful thought and consideration?
    Last edited by goldshellback; May 23rd, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
    accessbob likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Well, they got both of them now...told ya'. Try, convict, then sentence them as adults and throw away the keys, since we don't have capital punishment here in MI...too bad.

Teens charged in slaying of Detroit church guard
    I just can't understand this. It makes me really wonder what the city councilwoman in the other thread about Detroit violence would say about this ... understanding the young people and not needing to be armed ... sheesh!

I think the parents of these kids have a lot of responsibility in this too.
    goldshellback likes this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stancehold View Post
    I just can't understand this. It makes me really wonder what the city councilwoman in the other thread about Detroit violence would say about this ... understanding the young people and not needing to be armed ... sheesh!

I think the parents of these kids have a lot of responsibility in this too.
    I think you meant parent (singular). And I know you said "kids" but that would be the last thing I would call these low life thugs. Don't know the statistics off hand, but the majority of AA families in the D are single (mother) parent families. It's been that way for generations with no end in sight.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links