Bad - Off-duty Deputy in IL Pulls Gun on Pregnant Lady - Page 2

Bad - Off-duty Deputy in IL Pulls Gun on Pregnant Lady

This is a discussion on Bad - Off-duty Deputy in IL Pulls Gun on Pregnant Lady within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have no idea what went on with the husband. Not many details here. But I would expect a little more restraint here on the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bad - Off-duty Deputy in IL Pulls Gun on Pregnant Lady

I have no idea what went on with the husband. Not many details here. But I would expect a little more restraint here on the Deputy's part. Of course, he's a public relations officer, so he may not get many chances to pull his weapon, and maybe he was gettin' 'itchy.'

If this would have been ME, as a civilian, most likely I would have been arrested for brandishing, menacing etc.

My ultimate goal is to stay out of dangerous situations and to never have to use my gun. An argument ensues (supposedly) over being in line in WM. How about this: Walk away! No one can put the bullets back in the gun!! Don't people understand that? Possible quotes from this if situation had gotten out of control " I killed him because he forgot eggs, and delayed me by 37 seconds while I was trying to check out."
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I'm more concerned at the lousy security camera angle. The video is completely useless for identifying what occurred. In the Walmart near me there are tons of black domes. Does this mean they are all empty?!? C'mon Wally World. Pony up for some more cameras!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

My take on the story is the husband goes to grab eggs and returns to see his wife in a heated debate with the off duty cop. Husband pushes or hits the guy which ends up getting a battery charge on him. But in the clip we see the husband still coming at the cop when he draws. A guy that size can cause bodily harm. I don't blame the cop at all if he's in a stand your ground state. But I'm sure he could have just run away.

My speculation is the wife was a real pleasant women to talk to. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links