Bad - Off-duty Deputy in IL Pulls Gun on Pregnant Lady

This is a discussion on Bad - Off-duty Deputy in IL Pulls Gun on Pregnant Lady within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An off-duty deputy pulls a gun on a pregnant woman and her husband in a dispute in Walmart... Off duty Illinois cop pulls gun on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bad - Off-duty Deputy in IL Pulls Gun on Pregnant Lady

An off-duty deputy pulls a gun on a pregnant woman and her husband in a dispute in Walmart...

Off duty Illinois cop pulls gun on pregnant woman | Video | Fox News
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Not sure how bad it is. Hard to tell from the report and what video there is. Sounds like there was a confrontation and the cop was acting to defend himself and prevent further escalation into a physical confrontation.

The husband is a large man, certainly giving concern if attacked, and while it may seem offensive and overkill to point a gun at a pregnant woman... pregnant women can be CRAZY and unpredictable. No charges being filed against the cop and the husband has battery charges.

Seems like a sittuation that just didn't need to happen, brought to you by you friendly local crazies at WM.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Not really enough information or facts to even form an opinion. IMO
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Not really enough information or facts to even form an opinion. IMO
    I can form an opinion that when something like this happens, nine out of ten times it seems to take place at a Walmart.
    Spirit51, mkh and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

if i got some where and someone was telling my ol lady something im going to get inbetween to try and calm the situation but if he presses i will probably push him back as well if he gets too close, personal space and everything.

Heres my question if he was ok getting that close where he was able to get pushed then why did he feel he needed to pull out his firearm?

I would want to find out what started it. That would be good
    Spirit51 likes this.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

I never thought of the fact that pregnant women can be erratic. I just used similar language to that used in the title of the story. IMO, of what is shown in the footage, there was not nearly enough of a threat to draw...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I can form an opinion that when something like this happens, nine out of ten times it seems to take place at a Walmart.
    Or Waffle House.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I don't really know enough to say that the LEO was right in what he did or that the woman was out of control because she is pregnant. Those are stereo types that are NOT always correct. Especially the one about the woman.
    Spade115 likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Or Waffle House.
    Also on my list of "Places to go to see guests on the Jerry Springer Show".
    Spirit51 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Expect to see it on "People of Walmart " website.

Sent from my 300 baud modem

Guns in Illinois? No way Jose! They are banned, even for the cops sometimes! Illinois has no gun crime, this story can't be true.

Sarcasm off.

There seems to be more to this than meets the eye. Obviously both "sides" had some issues and the one felt that a handgun might be justifiable in the resolution of the situation.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I've been a little aggravated when I get in line and have to wait for the cashier to finish with a customer because they forgot something and had left to get it before I got in line,but it in no way ever crossed my mind to pull a gun.Without audio and better video it's hard to tell what really led up to the incident.
    In most instances you will have several sides to a story,"Victims",Aggressor","What really happened",
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I don't see a verbal complaint as justification to initiate a physical assault. If a 300+ lb. man assaults me, he can plan on seeing a firearm aimed at him. It is called disparity of force putting me in fear for my life.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Lets say just for sake of argument that the woman was in the wrong 100% and that the officer was justified in drawing a weapon on her. At that point is she guilty of child endangerment?

Other side: In some states if you shoot a pregnant women and the child dies you can be convicted of murder. In this case if the officer shot and the fetus died could Felony Murder charges be brought against the mother?

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Lets say just for sake of argument that the woman was in the wrong 100% and that the officer was justified in drawing a weapon on her. At that point is she guilty of child endangerment?

Other side: In some states if you shoot a pregnant women and the child dies you can be convicted of murder. In this case if the officer shot and the fetus died could Felony Murder charges be brought against the mother?

Michael
    He drew the gun on the husband who assaulted him after a verbal disagreement with the wife, according to the report.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links