Good: Massive Drug Bust near my Town

This is a discussion on Good: Massive Drug Bust near my Town within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It is scary to know that this was going on north of my town. I really don't like that the Bloods are involved in this. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mano3
  • 1 Post By phreddy
  • 2 Post By Spirit51

Thread: Good: Massive Drug Bust near my Town

Good: Massive Drug Bust near my Town

It is scary to know that this was going on north of my town. I really don't like that the Bloods are involved in this. Our town is too small for 'real gang' activity!

Updated: U.S. attorney's office IDs suspects in drug raids | The Montgomery Advertiser | montgomeryadvertiser.com

It's stuff like this that wakes you up and makes you glad you can protect yourself if need be...
    Spirit51 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Gangs and drug dealers have moved out to small towns. They think their chances are better there.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Gangs and drug dealers have moved out to small towns. They think their chances are better there.
    Drug usage and sales are everywhere. I have had 2 different sets of them in the garage apartment across the alley from my detached garage. The most recent "bust" occured a month ago and involved nearly half a dozen of Huntington, WV's finest police.

There seemingly is no stemming the tide of it and some places have lost the war against it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Look at Anchorage, Alaska; what used to be a clean place to live is turning into one of the biggest gang/drug cities in the USA

Reminds me of "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth" -Reagan

Moon colony not sounding so crazy...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Look at Anchorage, Alaska; what used to be a clean place to live is turning into one of the biggest gang/drug cities in the USA
    Wow! I was stationed there 1986-1989. Back then it was a quiet little city...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

There is a drug element in our small town too. It is a shame that these types come to nice places to do their "dirty deeds" and keep our LEOs on their toes. Some of the people who rent in our town need to do better background checks and say "no" more often. They need to think less about money and more about community.
    mano3 and tclance like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Drug busts, gangs, and the like are never good close to home. Simply because you know deep down for every bust there are 11 more out there already and two more just waiting to fill the gap of those taken off the street today. It's America's biggest disease now. Keep your eyes opened and your ears peeled. Keep in mind the users behind the wheel that you'll meet on a daily basis. Last year the house at the end of my rural road (where I lived at the time) got raided and busted. Whole family with three kids was manufacturing and dealing 300yds away. Small rural community. Largest ever drug bust in my state and they are still going through indictments and sentencing...involved several law enforcement officers as well. Look up operation Delta Blues.

Here where I live I'm 20 miles north of Mexico,Cocaine/Meth/Marijuana Central,Down her drug busts don't even get mentioned unless there are multiple kilos of cocaine or meth,hundreds of pounds of pot,I've never seen so many lives affected by dope,everything from judges to street junkies.In all reality except for better government/streets/living conditions this is like Mexico.One thing that fuels the drug trade is wages in Mexico if they can find a job.A friend of mine said they make around .80 cents an hour in the factories,usually american companies that opened plants in Mexico to take advantage of NAFTA,why pay americans 7-10.00 hr when they can pay that much for a whole day
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Gangs are everywhere, invisible if you're not clued in. If your town has a seedy neighborhood, you have a gang.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Here where I live I'm 20 miles north of Mexico,Cocaine/Meth/Marijuana Central,Down her drug busts don't even get mentioned unless there are multiple kilos of cocaine or meth,hundreds of pounds of pot,I've never seen so many lives affected by dope,everything from judges to street junkies.In all reality except for better government/streets/living conditions this is like Mexico.One thing that fuels the drug trade is wages in Mexico if they can find a job.A friend of mine said they make around .80 cents an hour in the factories,usually american companies that opened plants in Mexico to take advantage of NAFTA,why pay americans 7-10.00 hr when they can pay that much for a whole day
    ^^^^^^^^^^ this^^^^^^^^^

I saw a show on this way back when the NAFTA treaty (which I was against btw) had gone into effect for a few years and they interviewed a guy (American) who was "explaining" how wages were paid to the workers with a bunch of charts, graphs combined with a whole lot of BS and smoke and mirrors. He never told the 20/20 interviewer how much they actually paid per hour. I believe the corporation was General Motors.

When they went out into the "town" to ask people they found out it was like 50 cents per hour.

Back again to the Corp.guy asking how much the workers made per hour, the guy went into exactly the same rehearsed script he had before.

It is no wonder the illicit drug trade attracts people when this sort of thing is allowed by our Government and the corruption of Mexican authorities.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links