Man Pleads Guilty Shooting Friend over Dispute over Video Game

This is a discussion on Man Pleads Guilty Shooting Friend over Dispute over Video Game within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Somethings wrong when your friends will kill you over a video game. These are the morals of the youth and young adults we have now ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Man Pleads Guilty Shooting Friend over Dispute over Video Game

Man Pleads Guilty Shooting Friend over Dispute over Video Game

Somethings wrong when your friends will kill you over a video game. These are the morals of the youth and young adults we have now days?

Man pleads guilty to shooting friend during video game dispute
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Just plane stupid. This is the world we live in....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    That is wrong and stupid anyway you look at it.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This kind of stupid is not new.

I ran one call where a guy shot his wife because she smoked the last cigarette.

I ran one call where a guy shot his wife and sister in law because they took the last piece of fried chicken (they cooked).

I have run more than a couple of calls were people were shot dead for gambling or debt less than 25 dollars.

I ran one call where one woman put a ice pick through the heart of another because a argument over a newspaper.

I ran one call where a guy beat his wife to death with a child's fisher price radio...because he didn't like her dress.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

As long as there are people...there will be people willing to kill over really stupid things.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

...and this nut will be out in 5 years.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    As long as there are people...there will be people willing to kill over really stupid things.
    Should read "as long as there are (STUPID) people . . . "

Involuntary manslaughter? How do you "involuntarily" shoot someone in the head during an argument?
    mano3 likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Must have pled out.
    Compare that to the 20 years the lady got for firing a warning shot down in Florida.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

That sentence is a joke,if your gonna offer a plea deal it should be at least 20 years before he is eligible for parole,he murdered somebody,10 years and out in 5 is a slap in the face to the murdered kids relatives
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My brother once threw a Playstation controller at my head, but shooting someone over a game makes that incident look pretty dame tame.

Like Spirit51's stories, there will always be vicious animals in our population. Let's just hope we are prepared to deal with one if we have to.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRales View Post
    Should read "as long as there are (STUPID) people . . . "
    No, he was right the first time, because as long as there are people, there will always be stupid people.

Well......I'm glad to know a video game is worth more killing over than a pack of cigarettes now (I'm a smoker so this takes the heat off me right?) (see open carry martyrs thread for explanation). Things have changed for the better I think. What's the value of a top of the line video game now from Wal Mart anyway? $25? Pack of smokes? $7.25? Price of a gallon of gasoline now? $4.00? You just gotta have priorities (what's worth killing over). Perspective. For many life itself has little value. How do we cope with that exactly? Turn things around to where less than half of the population is behind bars? Any suggestions?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    What's the value of a top of the line video game now from Wal Mart anyway? $25?
    I wish.

New video games are usually $60, regardless of where you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I wish.

New video games are usually $60, regardless of where you buy it.
    Okay...that explains it then. I don't do video games and don't buy.........I now realize the worth compared to someone's life. $60 could buy............................................... .............................................? Lot more than $25 I was thinking. It's a toss up at this point. I had no idea. $60=life. I figure it can get down to way less than that in the near future. Maybe to the point of killing for nothing? Okay...so that's already happened. What was I thinking?

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Would have been a lot less jailtime if he had just de-friended him on Facebook and foregone the murder.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links