bad - 4 Guardian Angels stabbed in subway

This is a discussion on bad - 4 Guardian Angels stabbed in subway within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Youth Stabs 4 Guardian Angels That Were Trying to Stop Red Line robbery - Chicago They made the mistake thinking the gunman was by himself ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: bad - 4 Guardian Angels stabbed in subway

Youth Stabs 4 Guardian Angels That Were Trying to Stop Red Line robbery - Chicago
    They made the mistake thinking the gunman was by himself and was attacked from behind be a man with a knife and stabbed all 4 of them. You would think these guys would have wised up by know and carried at least some pepper spray

Vigilantes! That's what they are! Why, the leader of this group is a white... err.... white hispanic... These guys go riding the subways just looking for trouble... "profiling" criminals with nothing more than a gun in their hands to beat passengers with .. and look what it gets 'em... Stabbed...

I don't understand how a criminal in Chicago could be carrying a gun... I mean, isn't carry a firearm illegal in Chicagoland? Did the thug have his F.O.I.D. card?

Sarcasm aside...

I am grateful for the Guardian Angels in Chicago, NYC and other major metro areas... areas in which it is nearly impossible for the average citizen to legally arm himself against thugs. I'm just sorry the public has to rely on good Samaritans like these to ride public transportation in urban areas where public transportation is the norm... and John Q. Public is at the mercy of mayors who would stick a bayonet where the sun don't shine, cops who are spread too thin, and criminals run rampant.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Never heard of them, Sad they were stabbed hope they recover quickly (no video at work)
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Are all of the Guardian angels midgets, or just these 4? I realize it might have been some forced perspective by angles, but they looked tiny compared to the reporter.

It's sad that it has come to this in so many places. Our whole country could be headed this way (like England) if we don't keep fighting the gun grabbers.
    aznav likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Never heard of them, Sad they were stabbed hope they recover quickly (no video at work)
    While Wikipedia is not the best source of information... here's a pretty good wiki article on 'em... Wikilink

I remember hearing about them after we left Chicago... seems they've been around since the late 70's
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Curtis Sliwa started the group,they all take martial arts training,AFAIK none of them have ever been killed,but there have been several injured.When the first started Cops viewed them as vigilantes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Curtis Sliwa started the group,they all take martial arts training,AFAIK none of them have ever been killed,but there have been several injured.When the first started Cops viewed them as vigilantes
    the cops were right! the group is vigilantly like.
    the fact is that if they would have just observed and reported the incident to the police via 911 they more than likely wouldn't have become involved in a violent incident.

the fact is that if they would have just observed and reported the incident to the police via 911
    The fact is that if they did that, then they wouldn't be Guardian Angels. They'd be just ordinary schmucks with cell phones. These guys actually will try and intervene while you are being pistol whipped by some savage thug.

Much respect to the Guardians, and I'm very sorry some of them got hurt in the line of fire.

And... Maybe this is where some of us differ from many members of the DC board. There's one contingent who believes that if you hear screaming and pleas for help, then the best thing to do is lock your door and turn out your lights and maybe call it in. Others, like myself, will go and check it out and intervene if doing so is possible. That's a risk, sure. But life - well lived - is risk.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Errr!!!! Guardian Angels huh? From a law enforcement point of view they are mostly a pain in the bootay. They do make late night travellers feel more secure. While I wouldnt consider them vigilanties... they do tend to get underfoot. I've had quite a bit of experience with them.

Curtis Sliwa is not hispanic. In fact he's of Polish descent. Above everything else he's a politician. When he was a tough guy radio talk show host he angered some local organized crime folks, and then refused to back off when warned... he was shot. Not to kill him but to ruin his chance of ever procreating. He is a character.

There was this huge row between the Angels, the Mayor of NY and the NY Transit police. It was actually comical. But the Angels never gave up... and they do serve a usefull purpose with their presense. It's when they try and play police that things seem to go sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the cops were right! the group is vigilantly like.
    the fact is that if they would have just observed and reported the incident to the police via 911 they more than likely wouldn't have become involved in a violent incident.
    do they not have the same laws as the rest of us? the same laws that allow us to carry a gun and defend ourselfs and others ?

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    do they not have the same laws as the rest of us? the same laws that allow us to carry a gun and defend ourselfs and others ?
    They don't in Chicago or NYC ... no concealed carry ... no carry at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stancehold View Post
    They don't in Chicago or NYC ... no concealed carry ... no carry at all.
    but they still have the right to self defense or to aid in the defense of another and I believe can make a citizen’s arrest (someone will correct me if I am wrong)

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    ... When he was a tough guy radio talk show host he angered some local organized crime folks, and then refused to back off when warned... he was shot. Not to kill him but to ruin his chance of ever procreating. He is a character.
    That's messed up man, or, dude, unic.. whatever. Not cool.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I guess you really don't have a grasp of the laws where they were performing their "community service" to help you out I'll clue you in, the incident took place on a CTA "el" train which operates in Chicago which is a city that denies the right to it's residents to keep and bear arms. In addition my comment about them was generated on old historic events from the city of their origin which is NYC where they gained their notoriety by patrolling subway trains, NYC also denies most citizens the right to carry concealed weapons.
    Next time you plan on being snarky it would work out better for you if you had some sort of a clue about what you were getting snarky about.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    That's messed up man, or, dude, unic.. whatever. Not cool.
    hahaha yeah man. really messed up!

in the big city you'd better mind your manners when vinnie boom botz tells you to shut up or you too will get your cajones shot up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links