Is Detroit the new "ground zero" for violence? - Page 2

Is Detroit the new "ground zero" for violence?

This is a discussion on Is Detroit the new "ground zero" for violence? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Shootings and other violence figure largely in the local news out of Columbus, Ohio every single night. Ditto for Milwaukee Wisconsin............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is Detroit the new "ground zero" for violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Shootings and other violence figure largely in the local news out of Columbus, Ohio every single night.
    Ditto for Milwaukee Wisconsin.........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The reality is, that all large cities have a lot of violence. The more you cram people into an area, the uglier we seem to get.

Chicago was the city with a lot of shootings last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    The reality is, that all large cities have a lot of violence. The more you cram people into an area, the uglier we seem to get.

Chicago was the city with a lot of shootings last year.
    do you really think that the demographics of urban areas don't play a part of the high levels of violent crimes in urbanized areas?

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Murders up 60% in Chicago first quarter. Highest in the nation!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

beararms and Spirit51 like this.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippys View Post
    I don't know if gun laws have been somewhat relaxed in Detroit in recent years, but I read some article about how justifiable self-defense shooting have gone up a lot in Detroit in the last couple of years. Seems like either the laws have changed or people are starting to take advantage of existing laws and standing up to the criminals.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippys View Post
    That is great news. I have only one thing to say to these women, "YOU GO GIRL!!!"
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Jacksonville has been the murder capital of Florida for the last 12 years (per capita). I NEVER leave home not carrying and my g/f is waiting on her CCW to come back from the state. We put a few rounds down-range today. Always prepared.

Violent crimes have been increasing in Detroit in 2012 :
    Detroit Crime Rate Up: Serious Crimes Increase In 2012 Police Say, Homicides Down Slightly

Rising" Murder rates in New Orleans in the first part of 2012 (14%) :
    Rising murder rate may spoil Mardi Gras party | Reuters

Bloody start to the year in Philadelphia :
    A bloody start to the year for Philadelphia - CNN.com

Philadephia closes 2011, with the highest murder rates among big cities in the US :
    Philadelphia Closes 2011 With Highest Per-Capita Murder Rate Of United States Cities CBS Philly

Note: Ironcially, a Chicago paper said they had the highest murder rate in the US in 2011. Some politics here with an agenda ??? Scare the people ..... restrict guns.... and hire more police ???

FBI; "in 2011 , violent crimes in the USA have continued to decrease"

The ONE statistic I would like to see is : the increases / decreases in the murder rates in various states, vs the number of CC licenses being issued and increases in gun ownership.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have a good friend with DPD, known him for 20+ years. He's been with them for 15 years. You only hear about the tip of the iceberg. He said Detroit is so violent, there are several streets the cops won't drive down without back up because BG's take shots at the police cars all the time. There is so many more rapes, beatings and even murders that you will never hear about. It has gotten so bad that cops cannot answer "regular" calls anymore (purse snatchings, B&E's, accidents, etc). He said at the start of his shift until the end, all they do is run from one call to the next non stop, with 99% of the calls violent in nature. So to answer the question, stay out of Detroit unless you absolutely have to be there.
    beararms likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links