Woman gets 20 years for firing a warning shot against an admitted abuser....NRA fail.

This is a discussion on Woman gets 20 years for firing a warning shot against an admitted abuser....NRA fail. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NRA: Marissa Alexander Shooting...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MattInFla
  • 1 Post By Eagleks
  • 1 Post By SFury

Thread: Woman gets 20 years for firing a warning shot against an admitted abuser....NRA fail.

Woman gets 20 years for firing a warning shot against an admitted abuser....NRA fail.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Running here bud:

20 years A bit harsh
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

In Texas, you can be arrested for a "warning shot". BUt this does seem excessive and unfair.

Senior Moderator
    She was an idiot to take it to trial.

Matt
    suntzu likes this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

she got the time because of earlier convictions, kinda like a 3 strikes thing, get convicted multiple time and I believe it is 10 years, then 20 years then life in prison

Everything I saw on this case....... the bullet didn't go into the ceiling, it went into a cabinet door right next to his head, and she just missed.... the assertion of the DA was that she was trying to kill him and missed. The things I saw that they showed, seemed to support that conclusion. Her story didn't fit the evidence.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I beleive that flordia has miniums, fireing a gun during a crime is 20 years min, 10 to draw, life to kill
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Quote Originally Posted by ashamans View Post
    I beleive that flordia has miniums, fireing a gun during a crime is 20 years min, 10 to draw, life to kill
    25 to life if you shoot someone, whether they die or not.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon Hickey View Post
    Your site that you linked seems to not like white people.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

What is the NRA going to do? Mrs. Alexander was so far in the wrong, it's not even funny. I'm not certain it was 20 years wrong, but her actions were not the right ones. She does deserve some jail time.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

Is it just me that noticed that the congress women thought that the penalty for the stand your ground law was applied harshly in this case but applauded the
    way it is being pursued in another case. To me this is blatant discrimination. What happened to equality within the law?

Quote Originally Posted by Crashoften View Post
    Is it just me that noticed that the congress women thought that the penalty for the stand your ground law was applied harshly in this case but applauded the
    way it is being pursued in another case. To me this is blatant discrimination. What happened to equality within the law?
    liberalism is a mental condition that doesn't allow honesty or facts get in the way of things

VIP Member
    I think she would have stood a better chance using a Postpartem Depression defense.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

She should have took the Plea to Three yrs ;' )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Well, she used the "he's hit me in the past " defense...... what I heard her say, she was ticked at him and wanted to either 1) scare him, or 2) kill him, and by what she said.... I took it she wanted to kill him and then tried to come up with a really poor story when she didn't succeed. I think she got what she deserved.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links