Charlotte Jewerly Store Robbery video, Owner did not fire weapon?

This is a discussion on Charlotte Jewerly Store Robbery video, Owner did not fire weapon? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; owner did not fire weapon during Jewerly store robbery after being beat down. Was the weapon empty, was a round not chambered, did he just ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By lyz_grace
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 1 Post By TheShadow

Thread: Charlotte Jewerly Store Robbery video, Owner did not fire weapon?

owner did not fire weapon during Jewerly store robbery after being beat down. Was the weapon empty, was a round not chambered, did he just chicken out on pulling the trigger, or was the safety on and he forgot. Anyway he and his family is very lucky. Worth watching this one all the way through...

WCNC.com | Charlotte Videos, Breaking News | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, North Carolina
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Definitely a training issue,I will bet that he bought a gun and ammo and probably never fired a round out of it,or if he did fired less than a box of ammo and hasn't shot it since which could be several years
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

After watching that I am glad they got robbed....what a bunch wussys; to stand there and let someone rob you like that is a joke. They should have invited him to dinner too

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Well the old lady finally did get out of her chair to get a better view of the poor guy taking a beating. That's something I guess.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

One of my friends is a Charlotte cop and stated that the robber took all the high end Rolex watches in the robbery...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member
    A kindergardener would have no trouble robbing that place.
    What a bunch of ill-prepared buffoons.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Well the old lady finally did get out of her chair to get a better view of the poor guy taking a beating. That's something I guess.
    Geez, for a minute I thought she was a mannequin. I sincerely hope that's not what age does to me.
    Inspector71 likes this.

A fine example of not having what it takes to save your life with the use of deadly force. One needs to know whether or not, one can effectively follow through, and if you can’t you end up taking the beating.

Good video to show people just starting out.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    One needs to know whether or not, one can effectively follow through, and if you can’t you end up taking the beating.
    Or getting shot yourself.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Many people aren't mentally prepared to kill someone. It was either training or lack of will.

I went to a jewelry store to get some silver polish for my tuba and noticed that their back office door was closed and secured by one of those magnetic locks with a keypad for entry. Then again, this was one of the chain places that probably has established protocols.

If this guy doesn't have the guts to shoot this thug to protect his store and HIMSELF (and his family), he needs to sell it and buy something he can use....like bandages. He needs to get rid of it because next time (and I am sure after this there WILL be a next time once the criminals see this) the thug may take it and use it on him and his family. I am surprised that the thug didn't do it this time.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Many people aren't mentally prepared to kill someone. It was either training or lack of will.
    If one is willing to use lethal force for self defense and they haven't come to terms with the possibility of shooting and killing a BG, they shouldn't be carrying a weapon. I came to that realization years ago. I have seen too many people victimized and killed not to know it happens. I refuse to be a helpless victim. I want at least a fighting chance.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    If one is willing to use lethal force for self defense and they haven't come to terms with the possibility of shooting and killing a BG, they shouldn't be carrying a weapon. I came to that realization years ago. I have seen too many people victimized and killed not to know it happens. I refuse to be a helpless victim. I want at least a fighting chance.
    I'm sure getting beaten senseless and robbed has made them realize that, but the majority of people with firearms probably don't. While understanding the many issues that come with owning and carrying a firearm is the responsible thing to do, it isn't the required thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I'm sure getting beaten senseless and robbed has made them realize that, but the majority of people with firearms probably don't. While understanding the many issues that come with owning and carrying a firearm is the responsible thing to do, it isn't the required thing to do.
    there are so many FAILS in this robbery its not funny.... the first fail is out of three people only one was fighting back. the other two went on coffee break
    lyz_grace likes this.

What the heck was he doing at 09 : 50 coming at the bad guy unarmed after he'd just been pepper sprayed and pummeled with brass knuckles! Seven seconds later he arms himself, points the pistol and fails. 09 : 52 the assailant should be down or carrying some lead out the door.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Sponsored Links