13year old on roof with anti-tank rifle?

This is a discussion on 13year old on roof with anti-tank rifle? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Developing story. http://www.sbsun.com/ci_20661094/col...side-apartment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 13year old on roof with anti-tank rifle?

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I need an anti-tank rifle!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Wonder how many tanks COLTON has running around on the street that you need a anti-tank rifle? Guess it could be WANT rather than need. But looks to be jail rather than either.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Wonder how many tanks COLTON has running around on the street that you need a anti-tank rifle? Guess it could be WANT rather than need. But looks to be jail rather than either.
    I worked on N Colton Ave for about 6 weeks; didn't see any tanks. I swear.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    A 13-year-old boy and a 43-year-old man were arrested after police dogs were used to clear out the residence around 7 p.m. ... Both were booked into county jail and juvenile hall.
    Given that one of the suspects was 43, it seems booking him into juvenile hall is a bit weird. Probably reporting by someone who has not passed 5th grade English yet, but ...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

...was wondering what the "staff writer" position for the SB Sun paid, myself.
    ksholder likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

13 and on his roof with a stolen anti-tank rifle??? I'd love to hear this tale as it unfolds.......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Now that's the ultimate home defense weapon. How do I get one of those????

Would that be a "tactical sporting" anti tank rifle?

From the title I thought that maybe it was in reference to an updated version of the game Clue. Colonel Mustard in the study with the candlestick, etc.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

VIP Member
    Interesting, they report an anti-tank RIFLE yet they show a video of a LAW an anti-tank MISSLE wonder if it was a Glock or AK-47 as defined by the reporters guide to weapon identification.
    mano3 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

It’s difficult to take these silly reporters at their word, first an anti tank gun would require two men at a minimum to operate, as it is a crew serviced weapon coming in at 20 MM or more, unless you count the 50 Cal, which would still be quite heavy. An anti tank weapon on the other hand would be different, and in the US would most likely be a LAW rocket not a gun, if so, it is a use once and toss weapon as I understand it. So that leaves a BB gun (quite dangerous in the wrong hands) and a toy also dangerous, oh and the empty tube.

Sure is a good thing those two are off the street.

If this story is as written it could be their lucky day, with the right lawyer

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Guys, the actual story says the kid was on the roof with a rifle. Not an "Anti-tank rifle". Police found him in an apartment containing an anti-tank "weapon", not "rifle". The confusion stems from the incorrect title of the thread.

Carry on.
    goldshellback likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Carry on.
    Aye aye Sir. : )
    goldshellback likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    It's ok he was just an overzealous kid OC'ing and the Po Po are just trying to keep a brother down and violate his rights. They will be filing the civil suit shortly.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links