More On Detroit - Page 2

More On Detroit

This is a discussion on More On Detroit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This state rep is not only bad for D-town, but for the entire state. Her thinking is flawed, just like the rest of the antis. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: More On Detroit

This state rep is not only bad for D-town, but for the entire state. Her thinking is flawed, just like the rest of the antis. The mindset to allow criminals to rape and pillage society, and to restrict the law abiding just baffles me. The so called elite in this country need to go, they really have no understanding of what they are doing, and who they are doing it to....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by stancehold View Post
    This is just amazing to me! The two liberals that want to "understand" the criminal and make the innocent person run from a gun drawn on them is shocking to me.

What did the gentleman mean that his biggest weapons were his keys and his credit cards?

Have these people ever met a meth addicted person up close and personal?
    Heh... or PCP! When I lived in Baltimore back around 89 or so IIRC, I watched a guy running from another guy in a fight. The guy losing tried hiding under an old chevy caprice across the street from our house. The other guy ran over to the car and LIFTED the car off the ground...FROM THE FRONT END! I found out from the cops later that that nutjob was on PCP. IIRC the guy on PCP had torn the biceps in both arms and dislocated a shoulder from that one, but that sure didn't stop him at the time.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    It ain't gettin' better in the D, no matter what they try to do. The ROOT CAUSE(S) of Detroit's problems are much deeper and broader than the lack of beat cops. BTW, who can blame those LEO's who don't want to go on street patrols. They want to be able to go home to their family after work just like anyone else.

Detroit racks up eight killings, 33 shootings in last five days
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Last one out, turn off the lights

Half of Detroit
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Last one out, turn off the lights

Half of Detroit
    Wow... just wow... this amounts to "official zoning" of high crime areas... I'd hate to be on one of those unlit streets....
    If Detroit is a sign of things to come... we are in deep... deep trouble...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Look, Detroit has its share of problems. What major city doesn't? I think it is important to recognize those problems and act accordingly but I also think it is important to not be so obsessed with the negativity that you fail to recognize and foster the positive. Detroit is not Chicago or New York City. Michigan has restored the right for its law abiding citizens to protect themselves and the citizens of Detroit have begun to respond. Detroiters know that the police cannot protect them from violent crimes and seem to be assuming personal responsibility for their own protection. News from Detroit frequently involves violent crime but it is important to note that lately many of those stories end with a dead BG because the victim was able and willing to respond accordingly.

Personally I dare to hope that the tide has shifted, people have had enough and are beginning to roll up their sleeves and do the heavy lifting themselves. It started with brave men and women speaking out against the insanity of prohibiting law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. It was followed by legislators restoring a portion of our second amendment rights. Now we see people exercing those rights.

Are we where we want to be? Absolutely not. If anyone knows of a short direct path to correcting the mistakes of the past 60 years I know a citizenry that might finally be desperate enough to listen. In the mean time, in the time I have left, I intend on attempting to keep my eyes focused on the goal, not the **** around me.
    goldshellback likes this.

Caertaker - not to be argumentative with you, because I agree and sympathize with most of what you're saying about the D. However, I analogize the good citizens of D as frogs in a pot of (now boiling) water that has been sitting on the stove for the past 30 years when things started to really to go downhill.

I, too, often wonder if Detroit is past the point of no return culturally, financially, politically and criminally (for lack of a better term). Yes, there are still good people who live there, but the "tide" as you call it, is/has been a tsunami of crime, corruption and entitlements created by federal, state and local policies.

Is there "hope" for D? Gosh, that's half of what BHO promised, and look where/what that got us...

Do you mind sharing with us what you believe the "goal" is for D? Seriously, I'd like to know what you think that is.

NRA Life

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    The NRA instructor really gets his point across to the state rep.
    Rick Ector, the gun rights advocate, should run for mayor of Detroit and governor of Michigan. There's a eloquent spokesman for our rights. We need more people like him all over the country to make the clear, lucid arguments.

And to answer the moderator's question whether someone could shoot a 16 year old. If they're putting my life or my loved one's lives in danger, I don't care how old they are, what their gender is, or their race. I will stop them any way I can.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Caertaker - Do you mind sharing with us what you believe the "goal" is for D? Seriously, I'd like to know what you think that is.
    I don’t have a grand vision for the city of Detroit. In fact, I have never given it that much thought but since you asked I suppose my goal or wish for the citizens of Detroit is the same that I have for you or any other legal American citizen: that they are able to live in a safe neighborhood where they can pursue their dream without undue interference from the government. I could elaborate but I bet my goal isn’t far off from yours.
    MotorCityGun likes this.

God Bless these good people for this attempt at keeping their neighborhood safe, but this is feeble and symbolic, at best. They need someone like Curtis Sliwa/Guardian Angels to assist them.

Pastors and Bishops will be walking the streets of Detroit to send a message to the bad guys

NRA Life

VIP Member
    God Bless these good people for this attempt at keeping their neighborhood safe, but this is feeble and symbolic, at best. They need someone like Curtis Sliwa/Guardian Angels to assist them.

Pastors and Bishops will be walking the streets of Detroit to send a message to the bad guys
    A situation in which I would stongly advocate open carry for all participating.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A situation in which I would stongly advocate open carry for all participating.
    Open carry of their favorite 12 ga pump or M4 clone maybe? With bandoliers? It's bad down there. I think the folks who ought to be doing the OC is the Nat'l Guard.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    If an honest citizen goes into the wrong part of town for him and gets into any trouble, he is going to be blamed no matter what happens.

If a criminal goes into the wrong part of town for him and gets into any trouble, whoever he interacts with is going to be blamed no matter what happens.

At least by the news media.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links