More On Detroit

More On Detroit

This is a discussion on More On Detroit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this and thought I would share. The NRA instructor really gets his point across to the state rep.. Take a look. http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/view/news...=6586&zoneid=9...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: More On Detroit

More On Detroit

I found this and thought I would share. The NRA instructor really gets his point across to the state rep.. Take a look.

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/view/news...=6586&zoneid=9
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

“Not even give a thought to retreat” WOW... there is a ratings booster. Sounds like people are getting fed up and want to stop being a victim

Yep, the state rep was a real tool. Im glad the instructor and lawyer were on the same page.
    msgt/ret and goldshellback like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

The guy with the signs is leaving. That's not a bad thing. He'll be safer away from the fray.

If he stays in Detroit, it's quite possible that his next sign will be carved in granite, some 6' above his head. He seems to think his security will come from "others," police or military. He is sooo wrong.

Lawyer and NRA instructor have it right.

Good luck Detroit, you need it!
    Bark'n and Spirit51 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

This is just amazing to me! The two liberals that want to "understand" the criminal and make the innocent person run from a gun drawn on them is shocking to me.

What did the gentleman mean that his biggest weapons were his keys and his credit cards?

Have these people ever met a meth addicted person up close and personal?

The guy with the sign better think his best weapon is his shoes and he better use them to run away from that city before it kills him. The NRA instructor and lawyer are right. The elected liberal woman shows the stupidity that the Florida case (whose name shall not be spoken or typed) is producing. "Don't shoot....retreat." Who does she think she is kidding? The Liberal moderator who thinks that teenagers should be given a pass on their violence is a jerk. I hope all the law abiding citizens of that city get armed and take their city back because if they don't it will continue to decline into a trash heap.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I didn`t see anything but a bunch of worthless sheeple in that video that are afraid to defend them selfs.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Again with the vigilante justice line!

The liberal state representative keeps saying, "As a last resort," but she's not thinking about how quickly that point is reached.

Teens can be some of the most vicious predators of all.
    Society really needs to take a more realistic view of these violent and remorseless young people.
    And their numbers will continue to increase as our culture walks away from the institution of marriage and two-parent-homes.
    gigamortis likes this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Teens can be some of the most vicious predators of all.
    Society really needs to take a more realistic view of these violent and remorseless young people.
    And their numbers will continue to increase as our culture walks away from the institution of marriage and two-parent-homes.
    Drive-by Shooting Leaves 1 Dead, 2 Injured on Detroit's East Side
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Did you catch the last thing the legislator said? "We need more programs for these young children." Detroit and Michigan are bankrupt! Detroit has more tax payer programs than Carter's got pills...

To paraphrase the legislator... Let the government protect you.

To paraphrase the gun owners rep, and the lawyer... Let the people take ownership in defending themselves.
    MotorCityGun and stancehold like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The "legislator" was a councilwoman for the City of Detroit, and therefore, is (part of) the reason why Detroit is such a crap hole that it is. I had no idea she ran and was elected as a state legislator (God help Detroit). Rick is a pretty cool guy who has held OC events and continues to instruct CPL courses in the D.

The DPD, clergy, 300 D, etc., are planning a community patrol-type event (again, ugh) to try to stem the violence...rots of ruck with that. Those are about as effective as gun buy backs. What they need is a REAL "community organizer" to save the day....oh wait, we've already got one in the WH. Sorry, I digress.

We're not even into the summer months yet...cue the music from the movie "Jaws".
    Bark'n likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

That former council-woman-now state rep is advocating a complete surrender of Mo-Town's population to the criminals.

Who elected her?? Who is she ACTUALLY representing?!?

I. Have. Nothing.
    I think I need another cookie.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    As far as the teenager thing goes, I find it laughable. I can see it now: A thug is approaching me, pulls out a knife and demands money. I say "wait, how old are you? cause if you're <18 I will treat you differently..."

I judge people that I interact with on their actions, not how old they are/look.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    That former council-woman-now state rep is advocating a complete surrender of Mo-Town's population to the criminals.

Who elected her?? Who is she ACTUALLY representing?!?
    I. Have. Nothing.
    I think I need another cookie.
    You can bet it was the same ignorant, entitlement crowd who voted for Kwame Kilpatrick. Look him up if you don't know who he is.
    goldshellback likes this.

NRA Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links