Silly: gun buyback program.

This is a discussion on Silly: gun buyback program. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oakland California is hoping to start another buyback program. Offering $100 gift cards for guns. "In this economy $100 will buy something they can use." ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Silly: gun buyback program.

Silly: gun buyback program.

Oakland California is hoping to start another buyback program. Offering $100 gift cards for guns.

"In this economy $100 will buy something they can use."

Ya think? I sure don't.

Story here:
    http://www.mercurynews.com/elections...100-gift-cards
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

They really think criminals won't just commit another home invasion to get more guns - or commit them to get guns to turn in. Typical ignorance.
    atctimmy likes this.

These programs are great. You can take in a old broken peace of junk that may not even fire, heck it may have parts missing. Wlak out with the down payment on a new fire arm.
    Heck 100 bucks you can by a 25 auto.
    jumpwing and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    The liberal social engineers, more widely known as the Detroit Police, and their leadership ilk have had these in the past, sponsored in large part by the many churches of various denominations.

Nincompoops!

They need to pull their heads out of the sand, and start getting tough on crime, instead of handing out lollypops to the thugs after arresting them, and treating them like poor misunderstood youth.

Wanna get rid of a lot of crime?
    Get rid of Political Correctness.
    Let the police do their job, as long as its within the scope of the law.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Undetermined
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    I think these buy-backs are a total joke. They get crap. If it makes them feel good, okay. But it has zero effect on crime. If it keeps them busy so they do not focus on confiscation i suppose we cannot complain. We live in a strange world.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Before I even clicked on this thread I knew it would have something to do with california. I know this will never happen, but people in that state need to pull there heads out of there butts and wake up. If they turn in there guns do they really believe that the police will protect them ?. The police don`t give a damn about them. And the best part is the criminal are sitting back laughing there asses off because they know there will less guns out there and less chance of them being shot when they break into a house or anywere else.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    "...We live in a strange world."

Strange indeed!

This is idiotic! The criminals just sell their guns, and get more for free by STEALING THEM! All this does is promote gun theft! Any first grader could see that!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

No brainer. Common tactic. Nothing new. See: England. (DISARMED!)
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote from article " A gun took Carlos Nava Jr., 3, from his family in August". What kind of world do we live in when inanimate objects can do something like this?

I hate when news articles do this, blame the gun or the car/suv instead of the person in control of the object. Besides being stupid it seems disrespectful
    to those who lost someone.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Here in Omaha, there was a recent gun turn in program. But they were not offering money for the guns or ammo.

The cops would probably look down on it but I've always wanted to be able to sit outside of 1 of those to be able to buy up the ammo on the cheap that somebody is about to turn in.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I don't know how they do it? I've had a buy back program in effect for years, I'm trying to buy back a Nighthawk, an Ed Brown, a Dan Wesson, and all of those high end guns for $100 each, and can you believe it, nobody has turned one in yet!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    State-sponsored culling of the gun "gene pool". Gets rid of the trash and makes room for newer/better firearms in public circulation. Two thumbs up.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I wonder if they accept stripped AR lowers as a gun... Buy two dozen of them ($65 each) and use the profit to build an AR, hmmm...
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Oakland California is hoping to start another buyback program. Offering $100 gift cards for guns.

"In this economy $100 will buy something they can use."

Ya think? I sure don't.

Story here:
    Drummond: Community buyback to offer $100 gift cards for guns - San Jose Mercury News
    I figure $100 could buy a lot more narcotics in Cali than it could here on the streets. So long as the officials are giving drug money out in Cali....just keep the program there because I know we don't need it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links