Good: If you don't have a gun... get to the kitchen?

This is a discussion on Good: If you don't have a gun... get to the kitchen? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A while back there was the perp that was hit with a frying pan... then there was the guy near the back door, in the ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 3 Post By oakchas

Thread: Good: If you don't have a gun... get to the kitchen?

Good: If you don't have a gun... get to the kitchen?

A while back there was the perp that was hit with a frying pan... then there was the guy near the back door, in the kitchen, who hit a guy with a shovel... now this lady gets into a struggle with a home invader in the kitchen... and she gets a knife... he runs...

Lots of deadly weapons in the kitchen.. and it's not and ideal defensive location.. .but if it's all you got.. use what you got...

STORY HERE
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

I carry in the house unless I'm in PJs, but the Mr. doesn't. Our knife block is on our kitchen counter so that it can be reached from the kitchen or the living room. The trick is getting the guys to wash the knives after they use them so that they're in the block and not the sink

A good guard dog could buy you some time to get to a weapon.

Or a good guard catsquishy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    A good guard dog could buy you some time to get to a weapon.
    YEA right......

oakchas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I carry in the house unless I'm in PJs, but the Mr. doesn't. Our knife block is on our kitchen counter so that it can be reached from the kitchen or the living room. The trick is getting the guys to wash the knives after they use them so that they're in the block and not the sink
    Hey, a dirty knife might give the BG a nasty infection to go along with the wound. Especially if it was used on chicken.

HAhaha, barstoolguru, I saw that ad the other day and died. So true.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Hey, a dirty knife might give the BG a nasty infection to go along with the wound. Especially if it was used on chicken.
    And knowing how our judicial system works, you'd probably get sued by the BG and he'd win and take your house. It is totally ridiculous that a BG, getting hurt in the commission of a crime, can sue and win. But it has happened several times.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    YEA right......
    Trust me, my dogs would give me quite a bit of time......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I love the "mayhem" commercials...

But then, my dogs give me a warning when I'm home... I don't expect them to stop thieves, just to warn me when the BGs are coming... I'll take care of the rest.

If I'm not home... my stuff is replaceable... But harm one of my dogs, and I'll do my best to make Liam Neeson in Taken look like an amateur. (may not succeed at that , but I'd sure make an effort, and you don't want me to get lucky).
    NH_Esau, 8th ID and stancehold like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Can of wasp & hornet spray looks harmless, but it can spray about 15+feet and really hose a BG.
    If you hit them in the eyes, blinds them...have to go to the ER for antidote.... A good 12ga works best.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    A while back there was the perp that was hit with a frying pan... then there was the guy near the back door, in the kitchen, who hit a guy with a shovel... now this lady gets into a struggle with a home invader in the kitchen... and she gets a knife... he runs...

Lots of deadly weapons in the kitchen.. and it's not and ideal defensive location.. .but if it's all you got.. use what you got...

STORY HERE
    The problem is that when the BG is in the kitchen he has the same access to all the nice potential weapons you do.

I know someone who was raped at knife point with her own kitchen knife.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    A good 12ga works best.
    Carry at all times, even when I'm cooking/cleaning and reading to my daughter (Only one reason I take it so seriously). I have 16 rounds on tap, and can get to one of 2 shotguns fairly quickly.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Links