BAD: Another Home Invasion and this time they got the gun safe

This is a discussion on BAD: Another Home Invasion and this time they got the gun safe within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, apparently this family had a home invasion occur at about 1AM (were their doors locked? Don't know as the article doesn't say). But among ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Freedom Doc
  • 5 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 1 Post By Gene83

Thread: BAD: Another Home Invasion and this time they got the gun safe

Distinguished Member

BAD: Another Home Invasion and this time they got the gun safe

So, apparently this family had a home invasion occur at about 1AM (were their doors locked? Don't know as the article doesn't say). But among other things, the perps got away with a gun safe (story didn't say if any guns were in it but there likely were). Another example of why it could be beneficial to be armed at all times, even while in your own abode.

Victims say home invasion suspects stole TV, gun safe | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    So, they have guns but they choose not to be armed at home? Maybe they will, now.
    Seems crime happens two places: At home, and away from home. Go figure. It isn't rocket science.
    Guest1 likes this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Some people confuse gun ownership with armament. You may have 50 guns in your home in a safe, but if you do not have ready access to a one of them, loaded, you are not armed at all.
    Guest1, TheShadow, mano3 and 2 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

This part sounds a bit odd...

The family found officers at the St. Johns Safeway store after they left the house following the robbery, police said. Neighbors told KATU News there have been fights outside the home in the past.

Most people would call 911 from the house or a cell phone.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

This was the home I grew up in. My friends all knew that my house was "the house with the guns" and we went out back to shoot cans and targets frequently, but then they were cleaned and locked up. In the neck of the woods I grew up in, and considering none of my family carried (still don't), that wasn't a big deal. Wouldn't be caught in that position where I live now, though.

VIP Member
    so they say...wht did the BGs really take? or what did the home owner tell his insurance company.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Did I read they took a large gun safe? Sounds strange unless they have a different idea of large.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

He could have just told the bad guys,wait a minute,no fair,all my guns are locked up in my gun safe,come look,I'm not lying,I'll prove it.Hey wait,no fair ,do over,you can't take my safe. Momma,next time the bad guys come in , I won't tell them where the safe is.Honey,thats why I love you,your so smart.

Links