Tragic Shooting in Kentucky

This is a discussion on Tragic Shooting in Kentucky within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What has gotten into people. This guy just could not let go of his ex-girlfriend and decided to try to kill her and her "new" ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Tragic Shooting in Kentucky

What has gotten into people. This guy just could not let go of his ex-girlfriend and decided to try to kill her and her "new" boyfriend. I just can't understand the logic of this.

1 dead, 2 wounded in eastern Kentucky shooting - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    If I can't have her, nobody can!!! Then, I'll just blow my own head off, that'll show 'em gol dern it
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member
    Also, not a good idea to try to run someone with a gun off with a baseball bat. That didn't turn out quite the way that woman who was trying to help had anticipated, I'm guessing.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Terrible!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    This is sad, but a reality of dating in this day and age.
    What really bugs me is the fact that they had a helio fly the perp into a hospital, while someone else, who may have had a heart attack/stroke---fill in the blank_________ had to go on a meat wagon.
    HE should have gotten the long ride in the ambo instead.
    His life ain't worth spit to anyone but his momma, and who knows even about that.
    accessbob likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Not good......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    If I can't have her, nobody can!!!
    That is the attitude. It shows real selfishness. He didn't love that woman....he thought of her as his property.

On his tombstone should read the words "If you love something...set it free...if it doesn't come back....hunt it down and kill it."
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    This is sad, but a reality of dating in this day and age.
    What really bugs me is the fact that they had a helio fly the perp into a hospital, while someone else, who may have had a heart attack/stroke---fill in the blank_________ had to go on a meat wagon.
    HE should have gotten the long ride in the ambo instead.
    His life ain't worth spit to anyone but his momma, and who knows even about that.
    Not just this day and age. I have seen this so many times in my career...I can't even count them. Women have done this to....to their man....to their children...even to their pets. Some people are just flawed mentally. Has nothing to do with love or caring.

BTW...."meat wagon" is not a great term, even though at times it seems that way. We usually save that term for Bickermeyer's Butcher Shop or the Sausage Shop on Strawberry Hill. We call our trucks ambulances.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Should have shot himself first, and let it go at that! I'm not going after someone with a gun with a bat, that's just not good odds.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Should have shot himself first, and let it go at that! I'm not going after someone with a gun with a bat, that's just not good odds.
    I agree,but it sounds like he was snooping around the property and she brought a bat to scare him off but realized too late he had a gun.
    Sometimes it's better to Observe and Report when your not sure whats going on,Worse case scenario I really want to have a gun if it turns into a gunfight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This took place just about 30 miles from me. Sad all the way around. Stanton is a VERY small town. No telling how many lives this will change. The woman who brought the bat out made a poor decision. Too bad the man didn't die from his self-inflicted shot.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

There is no logic in an illogical act,but plenty of stupid.

Links