Suicide by State Trooper? Man Shot by KY Troopers.

This is a discussion on Suicide by State Trooper? Man Shot by KY Troopers. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another tragic Kentucky shooting. Looks eerily like a suicide by cop shooting. At least he did not kill some innocent people before he checked out ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI

Thread: Suicide by State Trooper? Man Shot by KY Troopers.

Suicide by State Trooper? Man Shot by KY Troopers.

Another tragic Kentucky shooting. Looks eerily like a suicide by cop shooting. At least he did not kill some innocent people before he checked out of Motel Earth.

Olive Hill, KY is about 30 miles from where I live in Huntington, WV.

Kentucky troopers fatally shoot suspect - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Overuse of the term "suspect" is starting to annoy me. He pointed his gun at troopers. They did not "suspect" he pointed a gun at them.
    When the investigation is over what term will be applied? (Other than deceased, for situations where the person survives)
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    What if an investigation found that the two officers killed him while he was not even handling the weapon. Then he would have not been guilty of committing the crime he was SUSPECTED of. Key part to this is the investigation. Just because you get killed and someone says they had a reason to kill you, even if it is a cop, doesn't mean BAM you were guilty, on to the next. They do have to check things out.
    ericb327 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Okay,
    -A person walks into a bank (ect...) pulls a gun and threatens everyone with death- they don't notice a uniformed police officer standing nearby, uniformed police officer shoots them in front of many witnesses.
    -A person is speeding 20+ MPH over the posted speed limit and throws a beer bottle (captured on dash cam) at the officer running radar as they go by, they subsequently crash into a tree in plain view of the officer and several people at a garage sale.
    In either example ^ the violator should not be a "suspect", just saying.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

VIP Member
    Desperate people do desperate things.

Maybe he had a clean record up till the reckless discharge of a weapon, and couldn't see past it.

Sad.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links