Bad: No more Mr. Niceguy, or Nicegal...

This is a discussion on Bad: No more Mr. Niceguy, or Nicegal... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These types of crimes leads me to an age old question? True, it's our system of law, not justice. Who is the lower form of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Bad: No more Mr. Niceguy, or Nicegal...

These types of crimes leads me to an age old question? True, it's our system of law, not justice.

Who is the lower form of life? Chose only one please.

A. The scumbag low life that commits the act of violence.

B. The criminal defense scumbag lawyer who knows his freeloading client is guilty, yet does everything in his bag of legal tricks to get his twin off or lesser sentence.

C. Both A & B
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

2. Remove Ads

Too many crazy people...if you want to see a phone returned, drop it off at the phone store (AT&T, Verison, etc.).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I would have done it in the restaurant.

My brother, who lives at a local homeless mission, lost his minute phone on the bus one day. I called the number until someone picked it up - it was a guy who heard it ringing on the bus. The bus driver was going to make him leave it with him, but the guy told him that I was asking him to meet me. He agreed to get off the bus & only asked for a few bucks for his trouble (for getting off his ride home). I met him in front of a busy supermarket while it was still daylight, & gladly gave him $5 bucks for his trouble.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    These types of crimes leads me to an age old question? True, it's our system of law, not justice.

Who is the lower form of life? Chose only one please.

A. The scumbag low life that commits the act of violence.

B. The criminal defense scumbag lawyer who knows his freeloading client is guilty, yet does everything in his bag of legal tricks to get his twin off or lesser sentence.

C. Both A & B
    Sorry, I'll disagree with you... Our system of justice is the finest in the world.

Everyone of us is innocent until PROVEN guilty. Sometimes the burden of proof is simply too onerous to meet. That's a good thing... because it usually means that 10 guilty men go free in order that one innocent man is not wrongly incarcerated...

But sometimes... even the innocent end up in jail... Case in point
    Moops likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Throw it in a mailbox and let the "feds" deal with it.......... Even the decent pickpockets use the feds (mailbox) to return stolen wallets after they take the money and/or credit cards.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would say that the prosecution part of our justice system is great, the concept of innocent until proven guilty is definitly the way things should be. The parts that are messed up are dealing with them after convicted. Too light of sentences, cush prisons that give no incentive to not repeat offend, etc...
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    phone one of the top qick numbers and if they answer nicely tell them the phone is at the restraunt

if they do not answer nice, ua know the blue bags people have to fill when they walk their dogs...
    now just supposing one happens to walk by
    ....in case it rains id be nice and put the phone in the bag and the bag high up in a tree...
    don't want it to get run over by my car when i leave
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Very sad state of affairs when one has to weight safety and life against a act of kindness.
    mkh likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Sounds like she would have been attacked if she hadn't taken the reward. Is it really an act of kindness if you accept a reward?
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Sounds like she would have been attacked if she hadn't taken the reward. Is it really an act of kindness if you accept a reward?
    People are just crazy so I don't know.

On one side my thought is maybe it's more to the story. Maybe she called and said she'd only return it if they gave a reward which IMO is wrong. They could've just been evil people though. Seems strange to give money then beat them up, just to take it back. Story just doesn't sound right to me, that's all I'll say...

I've found a few phones/items and have always returned them. Even when offered reward, I said no. If the situation is reversed, just return the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    How about a text message to the owner: "Found your phone. Leaving it taped to the underside of the bench at the corner of 9th and Main."

I agree that stories like this should not preclude one from performing good deeds when able.
    Kind of hard for him to read that you have his phone!
    Spirit51 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links