Bad: They got your money and your guns... and you decide to chase 'em...

This is a discussion on Bad: They got your money and your guns... and you decide to chase 'em... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...with your car... And you ram 'em! Great! Justice done, right? Nope, you're charged with murder, attempted murder, and aggravated battery. And to top it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bad: They got your money and your guns... and you decide to chase 'em...

Bad: They got your money and your guns... and you decide to chase 'em...

...with your car... And you ram 'em! Great! Justice done, right?

Nope, you're charged with murder, attempted murder, and aggravated battery. And to top it all off, your own lawyer is sayin' you only guilty of manslaughter...

Let's rewind... If you had a gun, ready to go, by the bed... maybe they wouldn't a got your guns and your money... maybe they'd have run off... maybe you'd have killed one and injured another IN YOUR HOME... Maybe you wouldn't have to buy a cheap lawyer who's sellin' you down the river...

He might get lucky... the jury might have pity on him... But probably not, since he told the sheriff he went after the BGs hoping to run into 'em... Do not talk to the police until you've talked to a Lawyer... A GOOD lawyer.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Is there a story to go along with this?
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Gotta love hypotheticals. There is an infinite amount of possibilities out there. What if, what if, what if.

What if you jump from your car, right before it hit them, cuz they had your gun pointed at you... Then your car did it, not you. You're all bashed up from the incident, so the jury takes sympathy. Get off with a slap on the wrist and be called a hero by the locals because these thugs had already murdered someone the night before.

...It could happen.

I don't know why the link didn't take... prolly my fault... here's a story on the case:

Beumer released on bail Evansville Courier & Press

And another, earlier story

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...-following-ho/
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Not hypothetical, lol. I see...

I still say if he had bailed, he might have gotten off.
    ...Should have pleaded temporary insanity, or something. Not that I'm justifying the vigilantism.

Distinguished Member
    I think it was

1. Stupid to follow them. Yes, he had good reason to, but not within the law.

2. Stupid of him to say anything at all to anyone (police included) after the crash, even muttering to himself. His statements probably have done more than any other evidence to get the higher charge.

But all of that is 20/20 hindsight and it is so easy to say that he shouldn't have done those things after the fact with no stake in any of it for us.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

He should'nt have done that.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

M.
    Looking from the outside in I can see how stupid what he did was.

Won't judge though.

he was wrong, the treat of harm was gone and it was revenge then to use deadly force to attack even though they robbed him; he became the aggressor and not the victim

Yeah, that's at least manslaughter in NC, if he's lucky. He needs to listen to his mouthpiece now. In NC, you or somebody else must be in imminent danger of loss of life, serious injury, or sexual assault. As such, it's hard to justify shooting somebody in the back or running over them in your car.

sgb
    This is why you don't talk to the Police without an Attorney and why aren't the three home invaders charged with felony murder?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Whole lotta stupid goin' on.

When they left, it was the end of the incident. He initiated a new one, killed someone, and will pay dearly for it.

His wife should've called 911 as soon as she realized suspicious activity in the home instead of waiting for her husband to tell her to do so.

His lawyer isn't selling him down the river, he's explaining what's going to happen to his client. No matter how good or expensive a lawyer is, they can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    . . .

His lawyer isn't selling him down the river, he's explaining what's going to happen to his client. No matter how good or expensive a lawyer is, they can't fix stupid.
    While that's true... i expect him to say that to me not to the prosecutor, judge, press, or to the rest of the world... He should be tellin' everyone but me how IZ innocent of everything but stupidity....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

He's gonna wish he lived in Tx
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Can't say I wouldn't have wanted to do the same thing if I were robbed, pistol whipped and one of my loved-ones threatened.

Makes a great case for pre-emptive anger management.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links