Bad: must be nearly summer...

This is a discussion on Bad: must be nearly summer... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ticks and other pests are coming out... 4 guys bust in... hold you at gunpoint, rob the house and THEN beat you and your roommate ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Guest1
  • 3 Post By oneshot

Thread: Bad: must be nearly summer...

Ticks and other pests are coming out...

4 guys bust in... hold you at gunpoint, rob the house and THEN beat you and your roommate with a piece of pipe... one victim unconscious, the other hit as well... Glad the cops caught 'em... too bad the residents weren't armed.

All of this in the Midwest... "fly over country" the politicians like to call it... Sure, it was on the south side of an urban metropolis (Twin Cities, Minn.). But it can happen anywhere nowadays...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Just proves that "comply and they'll leave you alone" is worthless anymore.

...and did anyone else get a kick out of the fact that the BGs were Thunder and Head?

the men could each face up to 20 years in prison and be ordered to pay a $35,000 fine.
    and there do they expect them to get the money? they are gonna have to rob some more houses

Yes, summer is coming. They're starting to crawl out from under the rocks around here too.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Our most sworn of enemies despises Christianity and Jesus Christ and are actively training today...

Somewhere in a prison yard some thugs are spending rec time working out and getting ready to be back on the streets...

Some crack heads and tweakers just finished the last of their dope,used up all their money and are gonna need a fix...

So,what are you gonna do today?
    Last edited by Guest1; May 24th, 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: finger went stupid
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

Thugs like this only deserve to be shot upon entry...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Where they find ammo for .9mm?
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

VIP Member
    Does anyone but me, take offense to the headline to the story?

Men Charged With Multiple Felonies in South St. Paul Home Invasion

IF it were MY paper, the headliner would read something like this:

[I][B]Spittle dribbling Knuckledraggers charged with Multiple Felonies in South St. Paul Home Invasion.[/I]B]

These, and scumbags like these are most assuredly NOT men.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

"officer's request to stop"- he wasn't asked to stop. He was commanded.
    "According a Dakota County criminal complaint," should read according to a...
    How many cereal box tops does it cost for a journalism degree these days? It seems every story I read on an online news source is full of errors. Grammatical, punctuation, and descriptive errors are the norm. It's really distracting.
    To me, it indicates that the news is more a format than it is information.
    I could go on about how the "news" is used and abused...
    Oakchas, you have a great format for posting these stories. Clear, concise, easy to use. Thank you.

My door is locked and I am armed in my home with the equivalent of ten ".9mm" handguns. If I hear a door or a window being smashed, then its going to get loud. I'll turn it up to .11!
    Skillet Hot!

Quote Originally Posted by KillrFajitas View Post
    "officer's request to stop"- he wasn't asked to stop. He was commanded.
    "According a Dakota County criminal complaint," should read according to a...
    How many cereal box tops does it cost for a journalism degree these days? It seems every story I read on an online news source is full of errors. Grammatical, punctuation, and descriptive errors are the norm. It's really distracting.
    To me, it indicates that the news is more a format than it is information.
    I could go on about how the "news" is used and abused...
    Oakchas, you have a great format for posting these stories. Clear, concise, easy to use. Thank you.

My door is locked and I am armed in my home with the equivalent of ten ".9mm" handguns. If I hear a door or a window being smashed, then its going to get loud. I'll turn it up to .11!
    You know, I feel the same way about today's, ahem, journalism. In Jr. High, I learned to set type. I took journalism in high school... You got the basics in journalism class.

Who What When Where and How... Why was rarely used, because it was usually conjecture or one-sided.

No more.

And where are the editors? Headlines misspelled, grammar in the stories goofy... nothing works anymore...

I guess we start to see the end when NOLA's Times-Picayune is going to print only 3 days a week now... on line only for the remainder of the week. Sad.

If folks don't read, they sure ain't gonna be able to write... I'm reminded of the movie The Book of Eli In that post-apocalyptic world, books were rare... and one book was lost forever... We aren't too far away from that now...

Shame that.

And BTW, thanks for the compliment on my format... I try...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sponsored Links