Bad: Another Flash Mob

This is a discussion on Bad: Another Flash Mob within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; More of that 'entitlement attitude' poping up... Flash Mob Steals From Baltimore 7-Eleven; Beats Store Manager Who Tries To Stop Them CBS Baltimore...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bad: Another Flash Mob

Bad: Another Flash Mob

US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar

How often does something have to happen before it isn't even news anymore?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Wow, the CBS replies have a little racial hatred going on. Due to the situation at hand, or the recent Trayvon stuff? Seems worse than what I usually see.

Anyways... this seems like a tough situation to deal with. I don't know how I would react if I was in the store and this was to happen. I'd probably get into a corner, hope they kept going for twinkies, but draw if I was confronted in any way.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Those kids don't care. They see the 'thug life' as a much better option than working and earning their keep. Why work when you can take.... with near impunity.... their juveniles and they know it.

FB and twitter, cell texting...... they can get much better orginized now too.
    mano3 and Spirit51 like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

if you pepper spray them or shoot them the parents get on there and say "it was only a couple of dollars’ worth of candy" yea times 40=$$$$

I think 7-11 should change thier name to "50 round drum" and have a Tommygun behind every counter!

WOW! The article comments ... quite entertaining
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Who was it again that said that people talking about flash mobs on this forum were just fear mongers??
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Riot control sized OC spray dispensers---the "Crowd Pleaser" Every Convience Store should have a couple
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    These flash mobs will stop when someone perceives them to be a threat and shoots one or more of the mobsters.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Riot control sized OC spray dispensers---the "Crowd Pleaser" Every Convience Store should have a couple
    Even better, a system like we had for fire control in chemistry labs back in high school. Pull the lever, and the whole room is dusted! PooF! I'd be willing to take the hit if I was the cashier.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    cut one of those loose in a closed environment and that store will be worthless for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Even better, a system like we had for fire control in chemistry labs back in high school. Pull the lever, and the whole room is dusted! PooF! I'd be willing to take the hit if I was the cashier.
    Dang. You beat me to it.

Although, the only places that would need that probably already have glass in front of the counter, so it wouldn't be too bad for the clerk.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Are there rules against having a magnetic lock on the doors that can be triggered from behind the counter if a crime is being committed?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Are there rules against having a magnetic lock on the doors that can be triggered from behind the counter if a crime is being committed?
    No, but if you are unarmed and outnumbered, I'm not sure that locking the criminals in with you would be your smartest move.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links