Road rage leads to shooting - Page 3

Road rage leads to shooting

This is a discussion on Road rage leads to shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Biker tough guy isnt feeling so tough now........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Road rage leads to shooting

The Biker tough guy isnt feeling so tough now.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Wonder if this guy is still around?
    Black Devil - Moscow Ride on R1 - YouTube
    Holy Crap!!! That guy has a death wish. I wonder if it ever came true.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I've driven 7,000 interstate miles since thanksgiving. A large percentage of the people on the road do not understand how the interstate highway was designed to be used. "left-laners" as I refer to them are oblivious to the world around them. They get on the interstate, get in the left lane, and don't move. Period. They paid their taxes on that left lane and by George they're gonna use it. They don't understand that the right lane(s) are for traveling and the left lane is for passing. I saw more congestion and near accidents caused by people just riding in the left lane oblivious to the world or anyone around them. I also saw some road ragers go nuts (including a couple on 2 wheels as well as 4) and pass, swerve, cut off, etc. I don't know what you do to fix it. Apparently in a couple states, they must teach this left lane syndrome in Drivers' Ed. I don't know how truckers take it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    A large percentage of the people on the road do not understand how the interstate highway was designed to be used.
    Most people don't know how to drive. period.

:)
    MleeC likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I tell my family and my friends that those who expect the other driver to look out for them are not very smart.

That guy that is coming to the stop sign on the side road you are approaching may have just found out his wife has cancer.

the guy behind you might have just got a chewing out from his boss and is still hot under the collar about it. He is probably saying to himself that he should have told the boss to shove it and quit.

The woman that just cut you off might have just found out her mother is dying.

If you meet 100 cars in the next few miles, how many of them do you think have the perfect life with no worries of any kind?

Especially in this day and time when people are losing their jobs, their homes and their security.

So drive as if every single vehicles on the road is out to kill you. They are not intentionally, but they still are.

As for the left lane crap, there are certain highways with such bad traffic interchanges that there is too much going on in the right lane. Newer interstates, out in the country, yes drive in the right line. But when passing through some of the really bad towns on older poorly designed highways, the left is the only safe lane.

If you don;t like it, get used to it.
    l1a1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeo View Post
    If you don;t like it, get used to it.
    I'm used to it, and I still don't like it.

I do agree about the other part of what you said. You never know what people are going through and you don't know how they would respond to any confrontation, that's why I always keep my mouth shut as hard as it might be sometimes. Thanks for that reminder :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Note that I did not say that one should ride east coast to west in the left lane.

But there are a lot of towns where the interchanges do not have speed up lanes, or the speed up lanes are too short and the same person who just found out his wife is leaving him or his kid just got killed in an accident, rolls out of an interchange right into you.

So there are certain places where the right line is a very hazardoust place.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I used to ride a motorcycle almost all the time. I have riden over 240k on bikes. One day I had a 75-80 year old guy turn left right at me in an intersection. I had to lay the bike down to avoid him. Got back on the bike and went after him. I had NO intention of doing him any bodily harm at all...just wanted to say "hey man...what the heck?!" Caught up to him a couple of blocks down...and quickly saw that his wife was totally taking care of business! He looked like he wished that I would shoot him..then and there.. I know that this is a serious subject, but just had to share this.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

And I would bet that the reason he turned in front of you was that she was giving him hell about something else.

I ride like I stole it, I usually stay at 70-80 mph and stay infront and alone in traffic. Ive driven/ridden the speed limit to nearly get killed faster then the killers has always been something thats worked for me in this part of Tx. Ive seen duk around town and he rides at a good pace (not sure he's "flying" like me)

Tons of bad drivers and chases out this way o.0
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

UPDATE:

No charges in O'Fallon, Mo., road rage shooting

St. Charles County prosecutor Jack Banas was on the local news and said the grandfather was clearly within the law to defend himself with a gun after the grandfather was physically assaulted by the male biker.

Here's an interesting bit from the article:
    The turning lanes are confusing at that exit, and it would be easy to be mistaken about who cut whom off, said Banas, but it does appear the motorcyclists, who were not familiar with the exit, were in the wrong lane. The grandfather yelled at the motorcyclists, and they began arguing.

When the male motorcyclist approached the grandfather's car on foot, the grandfather took his semiautomatic .380-caliber handgun out of his glove box and placed it in his lap, Banas said. They continued arguing, and the grandfather said the motorcyclist spit at him and he may have spit back. After that, the motorcyclist punched the grandfather in the face, and the grandfather then fired one shot at the motorcyclist, Banas said.

Read more: No charges in O'Fallon, Mo., road rage shooting
    The road-rager and his lawyer were on the news tonight whining about how charges should have been filed against the grandfather. No mention, of course, about the road-rager's initial physical assault on the grandfather while the grandfather was strapped in his car. I guess road-rager and lawyer believe the initial physical assault was inconsequential, and the law should only be applied to the grandfather's response.

My thoughts toward the road-rager can best be summed up by the favorite words of my basic training instructor: Tough

Road-rager caused it and escalated it. Instead of whining like a spoiled brat who didn't get his cookie, perhaps his time would be better spent improving his driving skills, plus learning how to be a little more civil when out in public.

I wonder if he realizes how close he came to being killed.
    Ransom likes this.

Here's another article about it, including this comment from the Brady bunch:
    Brian Malte, spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said the presence of a gun escalated the violence.

"This takes what can be an argument and turns it into something that could be deadly," Malte said. He said laws like Missouri's castle doctrine "allow people to be the judge, jury and executioner and that's not the kind of society we think Missourians want to live in or the rest of America wants to live in."
    That is pure hogwash. The presence of a gun ended the violence very efficiently and justly. This is the society our founders created and it remains unique and exceptional among the nations. I'm glad to see the St. Charles County prosecutor made the good call.

I happen to be a motorcyclist too and bikers like the one in this article give us all a bad name. I suppose he had a "Loud Pipes Save Lives" sticker on his tiny helmet. I'd rather have a "Loud Guns Save Lives" sticker for my bike.
    l1a1 likes this.

Approach me, corner me in my car, start assaulting me, I WILL shoot you. Simple.

No offense to all the 100% law-abiding, traffic signal following, speed limit obeying bikers on here, but I have seen MANY of your buddies driving recklessly through traffic A LOT. I'm sure none of you do that.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Good for the grandfather. The biker needs to just be glad he's alive and not being charged with assault and move on.

Another good example of how low the moral bar is for some of our criminal mental giants out there, when they believe that merely feeling offended or 'dissed' gives them an open license to target and prey upon all others in response ... all because they felt it, not because there was any actual threat.

No telling for certain how this particular situation really occurred, but situations like this occur all the time. In such instances, it's often highly likely the car driver doesn't even see the motorcycle when making its move. As most know from experience, a blind spot can be an ugly place to be.

If it did occur as claimed and reported, then the assaulted has every right to defend against imminent violence. Nothing justifies unprovoked violent attack on another, no matter the rationalizing according to the 'dissed' branch of mathematics.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links