Great! - Drunk Fool With Bare Fists Shot Dead by Home Owner - Polk County FL

This is a discussion on Great! - Drunk Fool With Bare Fists Shot Dead by Home Owner - Polk County FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My Comments: Moral of the story = Never bring a 'stupid drunk' attitude and 'just your fists' to a gun fight, in a home you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Great! - Drunk Fool With Bare Fists Shot Dead by Home Owner - Polk County FL

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.

Great! - Drunk Fool With Bare Fists Shot Dead by Home Owner - Polk County FL

My Comments: Moral of the story = Never bring a 'stupid drunk' attitude and 'just your fists' to a gun fight, in a home you are not invited into.

By EDDIE DANIELS, KEITH MORELLI | Tbo.com
    Published: May 28, 2012 Updated: May 28, 2012 - 12:00 AM

WINTER HAVEN --
    Twice in three years, William Cornwell has had to draw his gun to ward off strangers who broke into his home.

Early Sunday, the U.S. Navy veteran and security guard at Winter Haven Hospital shot and killed Christopher Brian Deese, 40, of 119 Moss Road, Auburndale. Deese broke into Cornwell's home and challenged him to a fight after a night of heavy drinking, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

"You wanna fight?" Deese yelled, yanking off his shirt before charging Cornwell, who shot him once in the chest, according to the sheriff's office.

.....(snip)..

After fumbling with his Bersa .380-caliber pistol, Cornwell accidentally fired into the floor. His second shot, with Deese running at him, found its mark.

.....(snip)..

"William Cornwell had every right to protect himself, his wife and his children from this irrational, out-of-control man who broke into their home. The mistake the suspect made by breaking into that home was a fatal one."

Judd cited the 2005 Florida Castle Doctrine, which says if a person fears death or great bodily harm to themselves or another, they are allowed to use deadly force while protecting their home or car against someone who has entered illegally.......

Read more fun facts about the dead drunk idiot at: Polk County homeowner shoots and kills intruder | TBO.com

2. Remove Ads

Second story in as many days about a drunk idiot barging into someone's home...this guy won't be doing it again!!

Good job homeowner!
    Spirit51 likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Dispatched the ole boy with one to the chest from a nasty little .380! Way to go William!!
    Spirit51 and BurgerBoy like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Judd cited the 2005 Florida Castle Doctrine, which says if a person fears death or great bodily harm to themselves or another, they are allowed to use deadly force while protecting their home or car against someone who has entered illegally.......
    this is a serious misinterpretation of the FLA castle law

you need not be in fear of losing your life if a BG intrudes into your home when using lethal force to defend yourself.
    the fact that he broke into your residence is enough to justify shooting him.
    ericb327, jbum and goldshellback like this.

Another repeat offender converts to dead offender...fine with me!
    This homeowner had no choice but to defend his 'castle'.
    goldshellback likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

At least he wasn't wearing a Hoodie.People that drink to excess and then exhibit violent behaviour need to find AA and stop drinking before the get pronounced DOA
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It is about consequences. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Now we have someone who is 'dead' drunk, pun intended. The homeowner is justified to the max on this.

Breaking into someone's home inebreiated or not could result in you seeing the morgue really soon, obviously this guy wanted just that.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Christopher Brian Deese, 40, of 119 Moss Road, Auburndale will soon be prime worm food.

Asta la vista dummy.

Score one for the good guys.

But please educate me. What is the idea of removing your shirt before throwing punches? Is it some sign of machismo? Seems like a waste of time.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

People that fight usually remove shirts to prevent it from being pulled over their head during the fight.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

But please educate me. What is the idea of removing your shirt before throwing punches? Is it some sign of machismo? Seems like a waste of time.
    I think it is. Sorta like an old bull pawing the ground before he charges. Actually had a guy pull that on me when I was a boy. He was wearing a t-shirt and when he lifted it over his shoulders I whacked him in the ribs with a 2 x 4 and ran like the wind. I was probably safe and sound in my house before he caught his breath
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Inspector - Nice

Good for the homeowner. Taking out the trash one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

it's a thug/ghetto thing

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    One shot stop by a 380. You mean they actually work? I love my P238!
    stancehold and mrm like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links