Bad: 2 Killed, 3 wounded In Seattle Cafe Shooting

This is a discussion on Bad: 2 Killed, 3 wounded In Seattle Cafe Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How about the politically correct description of the perp. 2 killed, 3 wounded in shooting at Seattle cafe - Yahoo! News SEATTLE (AP) — A ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bad: 2 Killed, 3 wounded In Seattle Cafe Shooting

How about the politically correct description of the perp.

2 killed, 3 wounded in shooting at Seattle cafe - Yahoo! News

SEATTLE (AP) — A gunman opened fire at a cafe in Seattle's University district Wednesday, killing two people and wounding three others.

Police say one of the wounded has life threatening injuries and two are in serious condition.

Police are searching for the gunman, described as a man in his 30s wearing dark clothes.

Wednesday's shooting is the latest in a series of violent gun incidents in Seattle.

I'm getting gladder and gladder that I went through the Concealed Carry Class and got my permit. The cafe district of Seattle is not a place to find a lot of CCW's and the gunman probably knew it.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    A man in his thirties wearing dark clothes! That should narrow it down. Anybody from Washington know if that area of Seattle is a GFZ?
    goldshellback likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

sound like the California trash is migrating north

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    We've had quite a few of these in the last few weeks. Plenty of home invasions and drivebys too. Seattle is a big city with all of the troubles that come with being such, but there seems to have been an uptick lately.

Of course there are the always vigilant gun grabbers clammoring for stronger cun control laws, but then they realize all of the shootings are being done by people who aren't allowed to have guns anyway (BIG SURPRISE!)
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Police are searching for the gunman, described as a man in his 30s wearing dark clothes.
    Oh my gosh, today I saw a man fitting this description. He's in Texas now!!!
    Spirit51, RichB70 and Dadsnugun like this.
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    A man in his thirties wearing dark clothes! That should narrow it down. Anybody from Washington know if that area of Seattle is a GFZ?
    It's been awhile since I've lived there but no, it's an off-campus aera, you can (could) carry there. I called the whole area a "coffee-culture populated by hippie-larvi" ... I was being silly but that's what it was, and still is. aside from the obvious big-city problems surronding the area I've never heard too much about violent crimes right there though. The "anytime, anywhere" certinally applies though.

Seattle has it issues but I never saw or was exposed to what is happening there now. I carried everywhere just the same.

I hope the best for those victims and that those yahoos (or yahoo if the same guy is responsible) is/are found and delt with soonest.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

There was a downtown (or was it Central District) shooting in Seattle today, too. Word is that the UD shooting was domestic violence. No shock there.

The wounded lady has died.

KIRO-TV reports that the two surviving victims, two men are in critical condition. Of the three victims who died, two men died at the scene and a woman died later at a hospital. One of the men was described as a performance artist who was known as the "godfather of Café Racer. " Both of the men were members of a local band, God's Favorite Beefcake.
    3 killed, 2 wounded in Seattle shooting; gunman still at large | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Killer shot himself in West Seattle. Typical.

Looking at the picture of the suspect, a bearded guy with grey pants and shirt and a light blue windbreaker would have been a little better description that a guy with dark clothes. But that's just me.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Komo news radio kept bringing up the "need for more gun control."

KOMO - 1000 AM Seattle, WA - Listen Online

:T

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1boredguy View Post
    Komo news radio kept bringing up the "need for more gun control."

KOMO - 1000 AM Seattle, WA - Listen Online

:T
    Yeppers, the magic cure for all of societys problems. Works so well for New York City and Chicago, so why shouldn't it work in Seattle as well?
    Spirit51 and RichB70 like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

You know what would work better than a gun ban? If they made murder illegal. That would surely stop people from doing it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I had to call my employees who were working in Seattle today and warn them. As it turns out, one was pumping gas 2 blocks from the cafe when the shooting happened, and he bolted when I called him. Another tech was in West Seattle in the same neighborhood where the perp eventually tried to kill himself - and failed! He shot himself in the head as police surrounded him and either he missed or hit non-vital area. Either way, he's now getting medical attention (on the taxpayer's dime) at Harborview Medical Center. The cafe shooter is the same one who went from the University district to downtown, carjacked a woman and shot her in the head (fatal) and then headed to West Seattle. We've had a total of 55 rounds shot at victims the metro Seattle since Friday midnight. Damned glad I don't live in a dangerous area (Albuquerque, Orlando or Cleveland) anymore....
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links