Man Killed in Pharmacy Robbery

This is a discussion on Man Killed in Pharmacy Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guess he got some copper coated lead suppliments to go along with the other pills he demanded they hand over. Good thing the Pharmacist was ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By 8th ID
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Man Killed in Pharmacy Robbery

Man Killed in Pharmacy Robbery

Guess he got some copper coated lead suppliments to go along with the other pills he demanded they hand over.

Good thing the Pharmacist was armed and ready to use deadly force to stop it.

W.Va. man killed in drug store robbery IDed - The Herald Dispatch
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

I think that weapons training should be part of the Pharmacist education course. In this day and age of legal drug abuse, they have a target on them just doing their job.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Looks like the BG actually brought a GUN to a GUNFIGHT but just couldn't follow through. Good for the employee. I don't want to seem heartless, but if you don't wanna get DEAD don't go around trying to rob people! I'm sure all the employee wanted was to do his job and be left alone, just like everyone else.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I think that weapons training should be part of the Pharmacist education course. In this day and age of legal drug abuse, they have a target on them just doing their job.
    My wife just graduated pharmacy school and has her license to carry. Forwarding this story to her, she'll be happy to hear about a fellow pharmacist getting the job done.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'd say the BG had his prescription filled correctly.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I am a retired Pharmacist, and was robbed at gunpoint (to the head most of the time) about 30years ago. I still have dreams about it to this day. After the robbery, I got my Concealed Carry License (this was in Virginia) and have carried constantly after that day wherever I worked. Most of the time the owners (private or corporate) didn't know, but I sure felt better, especially in "bad neighborhoods". Today, it would be no exception, I would arm myself while working anywhere (I carry daily anyway). The BGs want drugs, I would give them lead instead.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'd say the BG had his prescription filled correctly.
    Yup, got his lead sleeping pills that's for sure! Unfortunately for him, future refills not necessary.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

they need to stick to walgreen's... the only thing there getting fired is the employee's when they try to fight back

Links