Take a look at the video- Young Home Owner fighting off home invaders H2H

This is a discussion on Take a look at the video- Young Home Owner fighting off home invaders H2H within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Homeowner in boxers fights alleged robbers on front lawn - CBS News Video This little scene warms my heart, though the home owner needs to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Take a look at the video- Young Home Owner fighting off home invaders H2H

VIP Member

Take a look at the video- Young Home Owner fighting off home invaders H2H

Homeowner in boxers fights alleged robbers on front lawn - CBS News Video

This little scene warms my heart, though the home owner needs to work on his rear naked
    choke. A gun would have been handy, but this does show that there are other ways.

Good if not great outcome in the end, as no one got hurt and the GG isn't going to jail or
    spending a ton on a legal defense.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

Good for him...
    Spade115 and nerdyvirgin like this.

Git er done.
    aznav likes this.

It's a good thing for him that the criminals weren't armed or he would have been SOL. After all he didn't hold them for LEO...they still "booked". Even if he had stabbed them...he would still be subject to court because they were running away. I don't believe that either shooting them or stabbing them when they were running would have stood up to the law. I will keep my weapon and get a car license number rather than rolling around on the lawn with three BG who may or may not be armed. Besides being out numbered.
    goldshellback likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    It's a good thing for him that the criminals weren't armed or he would have been SOL. After all he didn't hold them for LEO...they still "booked". Even if he had stabbed them...he would still be subject to court because they were running away. I don't believe that either shooting them or stabbing them when they were running would have stood up to the law. I will keep my weapon and get a car license number rather than rolling around on the lawn with three BG who may or may not be armed. Besides being out numbered.
    Well, you probably are right on all points, but it still warms my heart. Some pepper would have helped a lot too.

I don't know when he got rid of that knife he grabbed. I think that was a liability.

He could have dropped them in his house legally in many states, and there is a solid
    disparity of force issue; though arguably they were running away until he latched onto
    the first one.
    Spade115 and goldshellback like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

He did have the bowie Knife. He could have done some Van-Damage to those clowns....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    He did have the bowie Knife. He could have done some Van-Damage to those clowns....
    I dunno. At some point it seems he was not holding the knife. Whether he just thought it smarter to
    use hands, or he tossed it to keep the BGs from getting it, I can't tell from the flick.

At the point where it was 3 on 1--its hard to say what the law would do.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Well, you probably are right on all points, but it still warms my heart. Some pepper would have helped a lot too.

I don't know when he got rid of that knife he grabbed. I think that was a liability.

He could have dropped them in his house legally in many states, and there is a solid
    disparity of force issue; though arguably they were running away until he latched onto
    the first one.
    Pepper spray would have been helpful....especially when the LEO caught up with them. That smell lingers.

Not using the knife when they were running away was a good thought.

Not really a disparity of force issue, but in all areas I know of he would have been within his rights to dispatch them inside of his house. Just not running out and capping them when they were retreating. That's a
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I disagree Spirit, 3 on 1 IS a disparity of force issue. If they'd invade an occupied house, knowingly or otherwise......(???)

When the knife was 'tossed' during this ecounter isn't clear, but, being that's all he had, good luck...... and
    luck WAS on the homeowners side.... this time.

His Grandfathers Bowie Knife given to him by his mother........ Bet his Granddaddy would've instructed in that knifes use ..........
    off-topic: I LOVE hearing about that kind of family history!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I disagree Spirit, 3 on 1 IS a disparity of force issue. If they'd invade an occupied house, knowingly or otherwise......(???)

When the knife was 'tossed' during this ecounter isn't clear, but, being that's all he had, good luck...... and
    luck WAS on the homeowners side.... this time.

His Grandfathers Bowie Knife given to him by his mother........ Bet his Granddaddy would've instructed in that knifes use ..........
    off-topic: I LOVE hearing about that kind of family history!
    I need to look at the video again, and maybe others who wish to comment should too. Was there a point where there
    was actually two or three on one with none of them simply trying to get away? It doesn't look like they wanted
    to attack him 3 on one; which they could have done. They were just trying to break free. Too bad he didn't drop the
    first guy with the rear naked choke. Done right 3 seconds would have solved that problem. The lady (going from memory)
    deserved a push kick and a right cross.
    Andrew Jackson

Don't know why, but after watching this video I took an immediate liking for this guy. I would be proud to have him for a neighbor. He may not have done everything right (anything right?) but you can't fault his courage. He was right in the thick of it and did himself proud.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I would much rather have this guy for a neighbor than some useless sheep who stands by and does nothing.

Agreed. These doofs come in my house...rock and roll. Got a kick out of how the girl kept back to get knocked on her can. I'm sure she was just thinking "hey...leave my guys alone...and just let us go ..cause we want to leave now. Why don't you just let us go home...and not be here now...and stuff.." Yeah..this guy can move in next door to me any time. Glad they rounded up these dingleberries later.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    That's not a knife...that's a machete!

He should keep his grandpa's knife locked up & get a firearm for home defense - & better perimeter security!
    goldshellback and Spirit51 like this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

[QUOTE=goldshellback;2277733]I disagree Spirit, 3 on 1 IS a disparity of force issue. If they'd invade an occupied house, knowingly or otherwise.

Maybe your right. Hubby always told me it was for elderly and disabled not being expected to "run away" or using lethal force on someone who is physically attacking the same. I never thought about it meaning over whelming odds.

My point was he could have problems if he ran after them as they were retreating and then shot them.

If he had only one attacking him in his front yard....as long as he feared for his life and well being...I think he could have shot the one and not been in a world of court hurt.

He still did a brave and noble thing....no taking away from that.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links