My little town: Armed robbery in McDonald's bathroom.

This is a discussion on My little town: Armed robbery in McDonald's bathroom. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Franklin man arrested for holdup in McDonald A Franklin man was arrested for holding up a man at gunpoint in the bathroom of McDonalds on ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By oldrwizr
  • 1 Post By claude clay
  • 1 Post By Dennis1209

Thread: My little town: Armed robbery in McDonald's bathroom.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Franklin man arrested for holdup in McDonald

A Franklin man was arrested for holding up a man at gunpoint in the bathroom of McDonalds on Armory Drive at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Franklin police said.

Thomas Lamont White, 34, of the 31356 Darden St., held up the 48-year-old from New London, N.C., when he came out of the bathroom stall, said Lt. Tim Whitt. The suspect apparently told the victim žto give it up.Ó

The victim gave the alleged robber money before the suspect fled on a moped toward Walmart, Whitt said.
    I've been in that bathroom a few times. Lucky for both of us it wasn't me.

And the BG's address, that's a trailer park a few miles out of town that has something going on every weekend whether it be shots fired, fights, fire, prowlers, or a combination thereof. Kind of like a collection point for losers, a little slice of ghetto in the country. I'm so glad it's just outside my response area.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Took off in his moped for the Walmart?

I use the McDonalds restrooms on a regular basis...

Too bad he didn't get the Mc Boom Boom served to him...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The victim gave the alleged robber money before the suspect fled on a moped toward Walmart, Whitt said.
    his last robbery was probably on a skate board and he upgraded

Keep it up and he'll get a McSlug!
    pinklady and Guest1 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hm. The robber fled toward WalMart. What ... his home base? Possibly, his familiar hunting grounds?

White was charged with armed robbery, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and carrying a concealed weapon ... and wanted in Suffolk for eluding police, reckless driving, defective equipment, fictitious registration and suspended driverís license.
    A busy little beaver, it seems. Book 'im, Danno.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think you'd have to be nuts to draw a CCW on somebody who's got the drop on you, but to each his own. I guess if the BG said, "In exactly five seconds I'm gonna shoot your ass" then it's a different story.
    Spade115 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I think you'd have to be nuts to draw a CCW on somebody who's got the drop on you, but to each his own. I guess if the BG said, "In exactly five seconds I'm gonna shoot your ass" then it's a different story.
    NUTS? NO. It depends on the circumstances, but it can be done quite successfully.
    NUTS? NO. Practiced... yes.

It isn't the wild west, it isn't stand and face each other at 50'. Move and shoot... distract and shoot... Heck, this guy was SITTING on his gun and drew against the drop ("DATD"... gosh I miss Guantes) ... Link to story on wallet carry: Here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    as important as having a gun is having
    --the will to use it and
    --the training to do so

more and more people are doing these things as the cities are going jungle.
    lines are being drawn by men and women knowing that they are often alone in
    times when defense of self comes down to--just you
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    It's so situational. I can think of plenty of situations where I would agree with you 100%, but I can't say that would cover 100% of the situations I might encounter. One of the reasons I car carry on my hip is that in a carjacking, most scenarios I have thought through I wouldn't have a chance to draw. I'd likely have a gun pointed at my head through a window, and the only real chance I could see to draw is when unbuckling my seat belt, and even then I would estimate the odds of feeling like I could draw would be 1 in a hundred or less. Likely I would be left out on the street with nothing but what I managed to have on me at the time. If I'm stranded in god-knows-where after some hoodlum just took my car, the two things I would want on me is a cellphone and my 1911. At the same time, if I felt that I could draw and fire without putting myself more at risk I would in a heartbeat, I just think it's unlikely I would be able to.

In a situation where the BG has the drop on you and in a crowded McDonald's, I believe I would have to take my chances and comply. Chances of an errant bullet hitting someone in a crowded environment are too great. I would be sure of my target but not what's beyond. I'm not going to be the one you read about on this forum who accidentally shot an innocent bystander and is in jail.

Just my take...
    Spade115 likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Might want to refer to a thread that is "floating" around...Finally! The solution to armed toilet carry:

Links