Not good: Local weatherman shot with a crossbow in home invasion attack

This is a discussion on Not good: Local weatherman shot with a crossbow in home invasion attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Former roommate arrested in crossbow attack on Tennessee weatherman | Fox News Even an order of protection didn't keep this ex-roommate from trying to stick ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gene83
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: Not good: Local weatherman shot with a crossbow in home invasion attack

Former roommate arrested in crossbow attack on Tennessee weatherman | Fox News

Even an order of protection didn't keep this ex-roommate from trying to stick it to him.

This homeowner needs to keep a 12 gauge weather-vane closer at hand me thinks.

Wish there was a little more info but if you at least have a HD handgun real close by
    he could've predicted a 100% of it raining lead. He got lucky........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

That was screwed up... in the story I read, the BG ran after him shooting a 9mm (fortunately missing... I guess moving to the 6 o'clock direction has some merit).

I used to carry a crossbow AIWB. Awful hard to sit, and after the first ND, I had it retrofitted with a grip safety and a DAO trigger.

Lover's quarrel. God, any reasonable person could see the storm front approaching. And then there he was, crossbow in hand, and I said "begone from my sight, you savage", but it was to no avail.

Tomorrows forecast...Cloudy and warm.
    ParaSig likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quarrel, I see what you did there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is messed up. Why can't people just break up without trying to kill one another?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    He had a crossbow AND a gun? He must be completely messed up in the head to bring both.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

He had a 9mm and a crossbow and he used the crossbow? He wasn't trying to kill him....he was just trying to make him hurt as much as he did after their breakup. The armed guy was just getting in touch with his inner _itch side. (place the letter of your choice in the blank). Breaking up is hard to dooo. (place music here)
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Must be a heck of a back story to this event. "Film at 11."
    goldshellback likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

soooo, no cupid jokes yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    soooo, no cupid jokes yet?
    Not until your post.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

The crossbow was probably for Plan A - being lethal in a manner that the neighbors can't hear.
    Th gun was probably for Plan B - Just in case the crossbow didn't work.

As we all know, those who commit crimes do not obey the law. Therefore, a protection order is worth the paper it's printed on.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    He had a 9mm and a crossbow and he used the crossbow? He wasn't trying to kill him....he was just trying to make him hurt as much as he did after their breakup. The armed guy was just getting in touch with his inner _itch side. (place the letter of your choice in the blank). Breaking up is hard to dooo. (place music here)
    I think you are exactly right on this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

He kept waffling on his weather forecast...

"I just wanted to pin him down"

Sponsored Links