carjacking gone wrong

This is a discussion on carjacking gone wrong within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; taken from another forum Originally Posted by http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5392428 http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5392428 Copiah County 09/11/06 Woman Fatally Shoots Would-Be Carjacker Copiah County investigators are looking into the shooting ...

Thread: carjacking gone wrong

carjacking gone wrong

taken from another forum
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5392428
    http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5392428

Copiah County 09/11/06
    Woman Fatally Shoots Would-Be Carjacker

Copiah County investigators are looking into the shooting death of a teenager who allegedly tried to carjack a Crystal Springs woman.

Sheriff Harold Jones tells us Vincent Fleming, 19, tried to carjack a woman around 11:30 Saturday night on Highway 51 south of Crystal Springs.

The victim says fleming placed a gun at her chest. She pleaded with him until she managed to get to her purse, where she kept her own weapon.

She shot Fleming several times.

A friend took him to a hospital, where he died the next morning.

No charges have been filed.

2. Remove Ads

Shall We Say...

well done? I'm glad the woman appears to have stayed as calm as possible until she was able to 'arm' herself.
    Another 19 year old carjacker with a gun. I'm sure we will hear what a great kid he was...and well liked by all his friends.~~PUKE~~
    I have no problem with this woman's actions and I hope that she can put this episode behind her...

Be alert and stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

WOHOO!!! one more Darwin candidate down. Yes I know but better him than an Innocent her.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

First thing I thought is she drew on a drawn gun. It must be some combination of: she is "Jelly Bryce" fast, he was slow / stupid / under some influence or what happened didn't happen exactly as she reported.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Sounds like it went "right" to me...

I've read that many BGs think that having a gun on someone is checkmate. From the movies, TV and their own inexperience they thing that once you have a gun out everybody will do exactly what you want. The suprise of somebody fighting back probably allowed her to get her gun out and use it.

He also may have looked away for a second, or she might have said something about getting her wallet when she reached in the purse.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    It's a shame the kid will never live to see his 21st bday, where he can legally own a handgun. That's ok, one less scumbag person off the face of the Earth. People who use weapons to threaten others for their own personal gratification don't deserve to live anyway.

Mark up one for the good guys.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Glad she wasnt injured....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

VIP Member
    WOO HOO for the Ladies! Right on!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Moderator
    Reads like she did the right thing. Maybe people will start to get the idea that we can protect ourselves if our laws don't disarm us.

Don't you know that was a terrifying experience - having a gun pointed at her chest.

Carjacking...

Here's my answer to car-jackers...
    Attached Images
    Always remember: 3 can keep a secret, if 2 are dead!

You can beat a drawn gun if the perp allows you to get your hand on a concealed weapon. You can draw and fire before he can react fast enough to pull the trigger. Unless you incorporate some movement or get a headshot however you could easily get shot yourself.

It's one of the reasons I don't feel too bad when I have to carry my P3AT, its not a lot of gun but being a pocket pistol what it lacks in power it makes up for in presentation speed and surprise.
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

The version of the events that I read had more detail than the reporting posted here so I thought I'd share it with you all.

Indeed, Ms. Johnson had luck on her side that night. She wasn't even armed when the encounter occured, yet managed to remain on this side of the living in spite of it. I'm truly glad it all worked out for her. However it appears that her ordeal may not be completely over.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Copiah County, Mississippi

From Jackson’s WLBT.com of September 12, 2006

Victim: "It was either me or him"

The woman who fought back during a carjacking believes her safety may still be at risk. This weekend the Copiah County woman shot and killed the man she said was trying to steal her car and possibly kill her.

It happened around 11:30pm Saturday outside a pool hall on Highway 51 in Copiah County.

Kennya Johnson is still shaken up. Saturday night she was leaving the pool hall in Copiah County when a man approached her, asked for directions, then pulled out a gun.

"I reached over to shut my door from my left, and he had a gun in my face, a silver gun in my face," said Johnson. "He told me to get out. I threw my hands up, and asked him what he wanted and he said, ‘I want to have this car."

Johnson says she offered to give the man her car, but as friends passed by, her attacker told her not to speak out. The gun was still at her chest. Johnson feared for the worst.

"I'm begging him and telling him that I have got kids," said Johnson. "He said, ‘b***h do I look like I have got a heart.' So I knew it was serious at this time."

Luckily, her attacker, Vincent Fleming, 19, of Jackson, got confused. He misheard Johnson and assumed she had a child in the back seat. He allowed her to remove the baby, but she took that opportunity to get her handgun. She reached inside grabbed the gun and shot once. Fleming fell to the ground

"At that time he came up with the gun pointed at me. So I just started back shooting because it was either me or him," said Johnson.

She shot the 19-year-old at about five times. She said three other men picked the teen up off the ground and drove away. He later died at the hospital.

But Johnson still fears retaliation. Johnson said she was told by investigators that one of those three men turned himself in on Sunday. She said he provided investigators with valuable information but was never arrested.

"So that means that there are three guys out there that know me, and I don't know them. Evidently the Sheriff's department is not concerned about my safety," said Johnson.

Johnson believes her 1992 Buick was not what her attacker really wanted. She said he mentioned how much he liked her 22-inch rims.

Copiah County Sheriff Harold Jones would not address Kennya Johnson's concerns today. He says the investigation is still ongoing.

Like she said it was her or him....
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Member Array Detachment_Charlie's Avatar
    Always remember, "You can't beat a well-armed woman."
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

Links