Paintball Mania! - Page 2

Paintball Mania!

This is a discussion on Paintball Mania! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This cracks me up. All of a sudden pain compliance works with a paintball marker and not with a real gun. We cannot have it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Paintball Mania!

This cracks me up. All of a sudden pain compliance works with a paintball marker and not with a real gun. We cannot have it both ways.

@timmy been hit with one clocked at 400+ Left a nice mark. Didnt cause the pain that people are being lead to believe here. The only protective gear I wore was a mask.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    @timmy been hit with one clocked at 400+ Left a nice mark. Didnt cause the pain that people are being lead to believe here.
    What if it hadn't been just one and they kept on coming - wop, wop, wop, wop. Any chance that could have a little more pain factor there? Seems to me any repetitous hitting of something in the same spot, or general area, could have an effect. It doesn't hurt to get hit with a whiffle bat either, but if someone kept swatting me with one over and over again, it can start to be a bit painful (don't ask how I know).

EDIT: Oh, and putting paint in the face, especially with no face mask, can probably be a bit painful or disabling when it is getting in your eyes.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    What if it hadn't been just one and they kept on coming - wop, wop, wop, wop. Any chance that could have a little more pain factor there? Seems to me any repetitous hitting of something in the same spot, or general area, could have an effect. It doesn't hurt to get hit with a whiffle bat either, but if someone kept swatting me with one over and over again, it can start to be a bit painful (don't ask how I know).

EDIT: Oh, and putting paint in the face, especially with no face mask, can probably be a bit painful or disabling when it is getting in your eyes.
    They did keep coming, we played a game, the game was called "whoops cant say that here" You shoot until someone calls out. That would normally take about 300-600 paintballs each before someone would call out. BTW: paintballs are made from veggy oil....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member
    They did keep coming, we played a game, the game was called "whoops cant say that here" You shoot until someone calls out. That would normally take about 300-600 paintballs each before someone would call out. BTW: paintballs are made from veggy oil....
    Well, regardless, the strategy worked for the woman.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Well, regardless, the strategy worked for the woman.
    Yes it did, like I said before the BG was a wuss....

Distinguished Member
    I think a lot of them are. They are quite brave when they have the upper hand but the minute the tide turns they are whiney and begging not to be hurt or killed.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    This cracks me up. All of a sudden pain compliance works with a paintball marker and not with a real gun. We cannot have it both ways.

@timmy been hit with one clocked at 400+ Left a nice mark. Didnt cause the pain that people are being lead to believe here. The only protective gear I wore was a mask.
    We will have to agree to disagree.

You do realize that if we ever have a DC reunion you'll be on the hook to prove you manliness. I'll bring my gear and you're toast!!!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Yes it did, like I said before the BG was a wuss.
    Years ago I joined some guys at an indoor paintball range,I was attacking a position and my gun jammed after my first round grazed the guys mask without breaking,I caught a paintball at almost point blank range in the left nipple with only a T-shirt for protection.....brought tears to my eyes and several naughty verbs.
    I thought I always had a high level for pain,I guess my nips didn't get the memo
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree.

You do realize that if we ever have a DC reunion you'll be on the hook to prove you manliness. I'll bring my gear and you're toast!!!
    3....2.....1......Game on.....You wont know what hit you....

VIP Member
    LOL how did I miss this thread.

There is no doubt paintballs would hurt at close range but the BG was not apparently very determined.

I think the point that HB was trying to make was that in other threads someone shot with anything less than a 49 magnum super blaster the bad guy will just laugh it off but now he is shot with a paintball gun and it is pain compliance? I don't think I will be selling any of my stuff to get a paintball gun.

As I have stated before a handgun is one of the ultimate pain compliance tools but what hurts me may not hurt you or cause me enough pain to quit what I am doing. I am glad that this worked out for the lady but again all it takes is one determined individual to ruin your day and this guy was not one of them.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

You might think he's a wuss but probably not. My paintball gun shoots 15 balls a second and with a full hopper it carries 230 balls. That is allot of pain to dish out at close range.

A paintball will completely destroy your eye and cut you open at close range. I'm pretty sure that I could actually shoot someone to death up close or, at the very least, into unconsciousness.
    This. Mine even has a velocity adjustment, that we usually keep pretty high. I've never been hit by a ball from my gun, but I've put a 6' 200lb guy on the ground with a few shots to the chest/rib area. They never bothered me that much, but I won't say they don't hurt. FWIW, none of us ever wore any protective gear besides a mask. T-shirts and jeans proved your manhood on the field.

VIP Member
    3....2.....1......Game on.....You wont know what hit you....
    I didn't say we were going to play paintball. I meant we could use my gear and we could test how many times you can handle getting shot in the face without a mask. We could run a debriefing afterward (if you still had a face) and we would then have a better understanding of how "wussy" or "not wussy" the bad guy was.

You can't say no because it's for science......

As far as the playing part goes: My eyes are going and it really affects my shooting a paintball gun. The last time I played was in 2007. I flew out to SoCal to play in a scrimage with some friends that still played pro. I had allot of fun and I can still play OK but I just can't snap shoot like I used too. I made some great moves and then missed the shots those moves opened up. Pros don't give you second chances once you miss them. All in all it was fun but frustrating.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I personally know someone who was shot in the eye at point blank distance with a paintball gun without eye protection. His eye is still there but is completely blind and doesn't track with the other one. The muscle in the iris is completely non functional as well. There was a girl in a protest a while back that died as a result of being hit by an LEO's pepper paintball in the head or the eye I forget. These can be deadly and or dangerous given the right circumstances.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

I didn't say we were going to play paintball. I meant we could use my gear and we could test how many times you can handle getting shot in the face without a mask. We could run a debriefing afterward (if you still had a face) and we would then have a better understanding of how "wussy" or "not wussy" the bad guy was.

You can't say no because it's for science......

As far as the playing part goes: My eyes are going and it really affects my shooting a paintball gun. The last time I played was in 2007. I flew out to SoCal to play in a scrimage with some friends that still played pro. I had allot of fun and I can still play OK but I just can't snap shoot like I used too. I made some great moves and then missed the shots those moves opened up. Pros don't give you second chances once you miss them. All in all it was fun but frustrating.
    Your excuse doest cut it. LOL As for shooting people in the face. Been hit so many time with just a pair of goggles on, the BG was a wuss....Last time I played we had a scrim vs. aftershock. They took us apart. Good lord it was ruff...
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links