Paintball Mania!

This is a discussion on Paintball Mania! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woman used paint ball gun to stop burgler. Galveston woman bests intruder with paintball gun | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Paintball Mania!

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

Paintball Mania!

2. Remove Ads

Pain compliance works lol. The BG must have been a real wuss....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Hey its really no fun getting pelted with paintballs

At least she used the right color for this cowardly dirtbag.

With a couple of follow up .45's she could have turned him orange.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    You might think he's a wuss but probably not. My paintball gun shoots 15 balls a second and with a full hopper it carries 230 balls. That is allot of pain to dish out at close range.

A paintball will completely destroy your eye and cut you open at close range. I'm pretty sure that I could actually shoot someone to death up close or, at the very least, into unconsciousness.
    ErnieNWillis and Spade115 like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    You might think he's a wuss but probably not. My paintball gun shoots 15 balls a second and with a full hopper it carries 230 balls. That is allot of pain to dish out at close range.

A paintball will completely destroy your eye and cut you open at close range. I'm pretty sure that I could actually shoot someone to death up close or, at the very least, into unconsciousness.
    Saw a dude get popped through the vent holes of his mask at close range. Nearly took his bottom lip off.

Absolutely awesome. Two thumbs up. I think the movies have programmed alot of people to believe that if they are shot, they are dead. If you dont have the survival mindset, a paintball will kill you just long enough for the police to arrive. Kudo's lady

Distinguished Member
    It's certainly no fun to be bunkered in the throat and gentleman's-tackle.

One learns the benefits of "supplemental protective garments" pretty quickly.

Movie quote required:

"What? Are you kidding? This is a Magnum P.I. ... don't try me, I could put an eye out with this thing... it could break the skin... it could lodge under the skin and cause a very bad infection."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Movie quote required:

"What? Are you kidding? This is a Magnum P.I. ... don't try me, I could put an eye out with this thing... it could break the skin... it could lodge under the skin and cause a very bad infection."
    Chevy Chase to John Candy in National Lampoon's Vacation.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

Timmy, I played competitive paintball. Only 15 a sec...Mines up to 18... And if the hopper would feed the shocktech bushmaster it would roll out 67 balls a sec...

That being said, I have bunkered someone and have been bunkered myself. It hurts, but it does not hurt that bad.

Distinguished Member
    ...have been bunkered myself. It hurts, but it does not hurt that bad.
    Not with a mask. Though I imagine this guy may have taken a few to an unprotected face. That will give anyone pause.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Not with a mask. Though I imagine this guy may have taken a few to an unprotected face. That will give anyone pause.
    Especially if up close and personal.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Timmy, I played competitive paintball. Only 15 a sec...Mines up to 18... And if the hopper would feed the shocktech bushmaster it would roll out 67 balls a sec...

That being said, I have bunkered someone and have been bunkered myself. It hurts, but it does not hurt that bad.
    That's because you are wearing protective equipment and your guns were at 300 fps or less.

Think about that same gun running at about 400 fps and no face mask. Also think about not letting up on someone after you see a ball break or if they call themselves out.

I played in the days before full masks and I've been bunkered many, many times. I have been hit in the face at about 9 inches and it was just as bad as a punch in the face. It even loosened two of my teeth and I thought I might lose them..

Teams I played for:

Navarone
    Marine Team
    Paraplegic Turtles
    The Bushwackers
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

As a kid I had an old beater paintball gun that I would crank the velocity all the way up and shoot marbles out of it at snakes (I lived on an 8 acre lake and it had plenty of cotton mouths and copperheads)...

Yeah I know, not the smartest thing in the world but who wasn't young and stupid once

For the record I never shot a person with it and never got hit with it... But if you hit a rock that marble turned to almost dust.

Also if you haven't heard a paintball gun go off before it would definitely scare the brown stuff out of your backside... If you've ever played in an abandoned house you would understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links