Bad: home invasion & kidnapping

This is a discussion on Bad: home invasion & kidnapping within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Handguns & "assault rifle" used to rob one home. One victim hooded and taken to his brothers house. It was also robbed. Story: http://m.12newsnow.com/default.aspx?...ype%3drssstory...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By oneshot
  • 4 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Bad: home invasion & kidnapping

Handguns & "assault rifle" used to rob one home. One victim hooded and taken to his brothers house. It was also robbed.

Story: http://m.12newsnow.com/default.aspx?...ype%3drssstory
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member

Asked for someone who wasn't there

Tried to shut the door

This is a message we here shouldn't need a decoder ring to figure out.

If some fool comes a'knockin and a hollerin for someone you never heard of before, thats YOUR cue to arm up, and Katy bar the door.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

This crew 'doubled up'....... VERY brazen, especially in Texas.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

When are people going to learn that it is in no way mandatory to open the door just because someone comes a knocking?

This is becoming the favourite way for the bad people to break down the situational awareness of folks so they can do their dirty deeds.

Someone comes to my door and I don't know them, I never open the door, I can speak to them through it just fine and unless I am absolutely possitive it's safe, that door stays tightly shut.

Plus, I will most likely be carring one of the handguns we have and if the folks on the outside insist on trying to enter forcibly, they may just end up in some other place they least expected that day.

Lesson #1 : NEVER open the door just because.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

There's a sucker born every minute and two to take him...

This covers con schemes and home invasions, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They should have looked into an intercom to speak with people outside the door, they are rather cheap, easy to install, and let you keep the door locked until you are satisfied you want to open it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    This is about 8 miles from me. Just a wild guess but perhaps drug money or drugs were involved.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

My door does not get opened unless I know the person OR am positive of the situation. Same goes for when my wife and daughter go to the door. And I always have at least one firearm on me. And a few more kinda close...

I can't understand people opening the door!!!!!

SIDE NOTE: Not much of a story to post, but our closest Subway was hit Sunday. About 9:40 a.m. a gunman wearing a stocking went in with gun, pointed it at employee (female who I know well) and fled with money. My daughter and I are in there a few times a week. Subway robbed Lexington, KY. As we all know it CAN and DOES happen anywhere.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Limited details of course. How did they manage to end up at the brothers house? Either the bg's knew the victims or the first brother gave up the other brothers house as someplace they could get more loot? Maybe because of the threat of harm after they kidnapped him?

Asked for someone who wasn't there

Tried to shut the door

This is a message we here shouldn't need a decoder ring to figure out.
    It continues to surprise me how many people open/unbar doors for people they do not know, particularly in situations with heavy emotional/situational overtones that could EASILY be something else.

Amazing how easy it is to keep doors locked/barred until determining identity of people who approach. Amazing how easy it is to be aware, circumspect and armed. Sadly, with how harsh and rapid some of these crimes are, it's about all that has a hope of stopping them.
    oneshot likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    This is about 8 miles from me. Just a wild guess but perhaps drug money or drugs were involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashoften View Post
    Limited details of course. How did they manage to end up at the brothers house? Either the bg's knew the victims or the first brother gave up the other brothers house as someplace they could get more loot? Maybe because of the threat of harm after they kidnapped him?
    I agree, I'm pretty sure this WAS a TARGETED invasion. I tr not to post those... but it was an interesting feature that one of the vics was abducted and used to lead the BGs to another house...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sponsored Links