BAD: Two Teens Stab Pizza Delivery Driver

This is a discussion on BAD: Two Teens Stab Pizza Delivery Driver within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Spidey2011 Well, they said what their preventative measures are. Limiting the amount of money the drivers carry. Though that sounds more like ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: BAD: Two Teens Stab Pizza Delivery Driver

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Well, they said what their preventative measures are. Limiting the amount of money the drivers carry. Though that sounds more like it prevents them from losing money, rather than preventing the employees from being attacked. I'd be curious what they're training programs are, especially when they don't allow their drivers to carry a firearm.
    I'd almost guaranty their "training" program is "Do what the person says and give them what they want".
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hopefully the 2 of them won't see their 16 and 19th birthdays.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Hopefully the 2 of them won't see their 16 and 19th birthdays.
    Unfortunately, they'll probably live out a long life getting 3 hots and a cot. Our tax dollars at work.

I think the gators are the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    When asked about the risk to employees delivering pizza McIntyre said Domino's gives "training programs" to its employees and takes "preventative measures" in order to lessen the risk of violent encounters such as limiting the amount of money drivers carry.
    "We have been delivering pizzas for 52 years, and there's a lot we do, but what we can't do is eliminate evil," McIntyre said.

I truly wonder what these are?
    Well, they said what their preventative measures are. Limiting the amount of money the drivers carry. Though that sounds more like it prevents them from losing money, rather than preventing the employees from being attacked. I'd be curious what their training programs are, especially when they don't allow their drivers to carry a firearm.
    My qualifiers here are 5 years delivering pizzas for one of the top three, and yes I have been robbed. (I didn't carry back then.)

The training program consists of instructing the driver to not resist, as resistance will lead to termination.
    The other measures are- calling back a first time customer before leaving the store, calling back a customer who placed an order over $50 and is paying cash, not approaching a dark house, and not making the delivery if the driver feels unsafe.
    Of those measures, I've never seen any followed regularly because they all give off false positives, and refusing to make a potentially unsafe delivery will lead to termination.

These animals should be used as labrtory rats.....that way they'd be good for something and wouldn't be tested on inocent animals.

I think it was the founder of Second Chance armor that used to carry a shotgun placed in an empty pizza box when he was a delivery guy. I'd use the same trick and to hell with corporate policy. Who cares if you get fired from such a crappy job.

I've been driving for Domino's off and on for almost 10 years and I can attest to what Juliandelph says. That reasoning I was given for us carrying "less than $20" is that if robbers know we don't carry much, they won't rob us. They don't want us to be "targets" yet they force us to put lighted signs on our rooftops. In all that time I've never known a customer to be aware we don't carry much as they are constantly asking to break $50 and $100 bills at the door on small orders.

The store I'm at now never gave me any kind of safety/preventative training. I assumed it was because I'd delivered for Domino's before and therefore knew about them, but then I haven't seen them do it with new drivers either.
    goldshellback likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links