Bad: Couple beaten and robbed

This is a discussion on Bad: Couple beaten and robbed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Probably not a lead pipe... but nevertheless... these people are hurting... 3 men one woman... looking for money and guns... beat on the homeowners for ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Ram Rod
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Bad: Couple beaten and robbed

Bad: Couple beaten and robbed

Probably not a lead pipe... but nevertheless... these people are hurting... 3 men one woman... looking for money and guns... beat on the homeowners for half an hour...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    From article:

It started before six Saturday morning. Her husband woke her up.
    “He told me there's some girl out in the front yard. I opened the front door which was stupid and I asked her can I help you?” Almgren said.

At that point two men forced their way into the home.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Above in bold tells me everything I need to know,
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.......................Sixto

Why don't people pick up the newspaper and just read and comprehend whats there in black and white?
    8th ID and Spirit51 like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

MWAG........do you read a lot of news articles?

Maybe good conversation here, but those that really need to know are those that get victimized and seldom listen to others. What can we do about that and getting the word out to the unsuspecting and defenseless? What do you feel for those victims of these crimes you report? Lessons to be learned? You'd like to be a 'neighborhood hero'?
    The message here goes out each and every day......we need to figure out how it can be delivered to the sheep so they can better mind themselves with less shepherds on the range.
    goldshellback likes this.

That would be my Achilles heel in my home security. Under like circumstances my wife would be duped and open the door seeing only a lone girl and maybe me too. Unfortunately, she has no interest in firearms and is scared to death of them.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Notice that the criminals didn't get away with any guns even though they specifically asked if there were any? Looks like the criminals picked on the right house to plunder and pillage. I guess that's two more California voters that are having to second guess the "police will protect us" theory. Well, unless a half hour is acceptable to them.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

WHEN are people going to get it...DON"T OPEN THE DOOR!!! DANG!!!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Please people,don't open the door for anyone you don't know well and even then, be very careful. Home safety 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    MWAG........do you read a lot of news articles?

Maybe good conversation here, but those that really need to know are those that get victimized and seldom listen to others. What can we do about that and getting the word out to the unsuspecting and defenseless? What do you feel for those victims of these crimes you report? Lessons to be learned? You'd like to be a 'neighborhood hero'?
    The message here goes out each and every day......we need to figure out how it can be delivered to the sheep so they can better mind themselves with less shepherds on the range.
    Yeah, I know I find a lot of these stories. Seems to me there are more and more of em.

I also know I'm preaching to the choir. But maybe just maybe someone reads a story here that reminds them of a friend or neighbor and they pass it on.

That's really my only goal in posting them.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

There are PLENTY of waiting for the slaughter...there are PLENTY of dirtbags waiting to take advantage of the .

All the sheep can't be saved...educate those you know.
    8th ID and JoJoGunn like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

sgb
    They'll be lucky if the thieves don't sue them for emotional distress.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    What do you feel for those victims of these crimes you report? Lessons to be learned?
    Shooting the messenger doesn't help. Presenting as an example of risks, situations and clear lessons to be learned helps everyone open-minded enough to listen (ie, we here).

Which gets to the crux: with the sensationalist "news" slant of much of what people hear these days, a disturbingly high percentage seem to have gone deaf, dumb and blind. Until they're willing to help themselves with an open mind and consideration of the info, it can be difficult to get any "message" across. The info needs to clearly identify risks, steps people can take, how to get more info/training. (Of course, any public airing of such gets heard by the other side as well. Hard to avoid that.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    That would be my Achilles heel in my home security. Under like circumstances my wife would be duped and open the door seeing only a lone girl and maybe me too. Unfortunately, she has no interest in firearms and is scared to death of them.
    Dennis, this might make a good present for the wife. Also handy for situations where deadly force is not justified.

Amazon.com: Sabre Family Home and Property Protection Pepper Spray (13.0-Ounce): Sports & Outdoors
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Duping people to "open" the door for a percieved "emergency" or Good Samaritan act is getting to be a tactic used by the thugs more these days.

People feel compelled to open the door, much like they do with answering phones, it's just ingrained into us.

However, no amount of warning or stories like this will impact all people, it will only "save" some of them. Some people are just born to be victims and never learn.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links